Relocate your enterprise data to Nutanix Unified Storage for better protection and availability
By Santhosh Siruvole, Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Nutanix Unified Storage
Healthcare providers using a patient records application, financial services companies running critical transactional applications, and government departments maintaining military inventory all share a fundamental need: uninterrupted data access with heightened data protection.
As a result, IT teams think twice before upgrading storage infrastructure. It is expensive, time-consuming and complex to move applications and data to a modern storage infrastructure. A simple and secure solution to migrate data along with business continuity tools that minimize the cost of downtime, lost revenue and lost productivity is key to keep mission-critical applications up and running.
With the launch of the Nutanix Files Storage™ 4.4 release, the Nutanix Unified Storage™ (NUS) platform introduces several enhancements, including new support for Files Storage running with the Nutanix Metro Availability™ and Smart Sync™ features, and native migration tools for NFS shares, among other differentiated features. These improvements ensure superior business continuity, simplified data synchronization and faster data migrations.
Now, migrating enterprise data from legacy storage to NUS has become significantly easier and faster. Best of all, this can be achieved without incurring exorbitant costs or risking downtime for your mission-critical applications.
NUS is a software-defined data services platform that consolidates the management and protection of siloed block, file, and object storage into a single, unified platform. NUS harnesses the power of rich data services such as analytics, ransomware protection, lifecycle management, and data protection. These features enable organizations to seamlessly adapt to the ever-changing requirements of modern applications, allowing them to shift their management focus from data storage to more strategic, global data management.
Leveraging the Nutanix Cloud Platform™ (NCP) software, NUS is specifically built to meet the needs of modern applications deployed across core, cloud, and edge infrastructure. With its capacity for seamless scaling, high performance, and integrated data security, NUS provides a comprehensive solution for organizations.
A key advantage of NUS lies in its single point of management, featuring intelligent operations, automation, and a self-service model. This consistency in management enables a consistent cloud operating model, effectively eliminating the complexities and costs associated with using various architectures. Additionally, the server scale-out design of NUS taps into server economics and can be managed by storage generalists.
The Nutanix Files Storage 4.4 launch makes significant enhancements, making life easier for storage administrators. These improvements include stronger data protection with zero Recovery Point Objective (RPO) synchronous replication, faster data migrations with native tools, and high availability (HA) to mission-critical applications:
- Nutanix Unified Storage extends the Metro Availability solution for Files Storage for synchronous replication providing a Highly Available(HA) solution for mission-critical apps.
- Reduce the cost of storage downtime with synchronous replication offering zero RPO and low RTO. Metro Sync offers enhanced protection against issues such as site failures, cluster failures or data unavailability.
Data Sync and Protection
- Simplified sync of edge data into the core without management complexity and additional third-party tools. Smart Sync now enables customers to natively synchronize data across edge and core locations.
- Smart Sync improves TCO and business value by reducing both cost and management overhead
- Recover the entire file share from ransomware or service denial attacks or in situations where recovery time would be too long to locate each, and every file. Quickly restore affected data in a file share with a single snapshot.
Data Migrations Made Easy
- You can now natively migrate data from NFS shares in addition to SMB shares.
- This offers simplicity, flexibility and a native solution to help improve onboarding helping you to realize faster ROI
- API is now available for you to develop automation scripts that leverage Nutanix Files Storage native migration. Additionally, with the introduction of API, Nutanix Move (5.0) now supports migrating from 3rd party storage to Nutanix Files Storage.
Managing and upgrading storage for a hybrid multicloud environment requires taking a new look at how data services are deployed. With Files Storage 4.4, Nutanix Unified Storage helps organizations with simplified and faster data migrations, data management strategies and overall makes Files Storage highly available for mission-critical applications.
For deeper technical understanding of Nutanix Metro Sync, please refer to the blog, Nutanix Files Storage Episode 4.4 - Synchronous Replication Awakens.
- Business Value of Nutanix Unified Storage - White Paper
- Evaluate ROI/TCO of deploying Nutanix Unified Storage for your business - Access the ROI tool.
- 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant: Nutanix again named a Visionary for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage
- Get Data Lens for Free: Build a Fortress with Data Lens for Free!
- Test Drive: Test Drive Unified Storage
- Videos: YouTube Playlist
© 2023 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix, the Nutanix logo and all Nutanix product, feature and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nutanix, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s). This post may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site. Our decision to link to an external site should not be considered an endorsement of any content on such a site. Certain information contained in this post may relate to or be based on studies, publications, surveys and other data obtained from third-party sources and our own internal estimates and research. While we believe these third-party studies, publications, surveys and other data are reliable as of the date of this post, they have not been independently verified, and we make no representation as to the adequacy, fairness, accuracy, or completeness of any information obtained from third-party sources.
This post may contain express and implied forward-looking statements, which are not historical facts and are instead based on our current expectations, estimates and beliefs. The accuracy of such statements involves risks and uncertainties and depends upon future events, including those that may be beyond our control, and actual results may differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied by such statements. Any forward-looking statements included herein speak only as of the date hereof and, except as required by law, we assume no obligation to update or otherwise revise any of such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.