Remote & Branch Office
Enterprise branch offices, retail locations, and regional offices typically lack the specialized IT personnel and physical space and power resources needed to support traditional datacenter platforms. An additional challenge is that IT infrastructure budgets for remote locations can be heavily constrained, creating procurement challenges.
Nutanix uses web-scale technologies to eliminate the need for complex 3-tier infrastructure. Hyperconverged appliances consolidate server and storage resources into a single, 100% software-defined appliance ready to run VMware vSphere, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V, or AHV.
- Simple, out-of-the-box deployment: Deploy all remote virtual applications and desktops on a single platform in just an hour.
- Reduce need for IT specialists: Hyperconverged platforms eliminate the need for storage and server experts at every site.
- Centrally managed: Manage IT at multiple locations from a single management interface. Aggregate health and usage statistics across multiple sites, with ability to zoom into individual locations.
- Affordable platforms: Bring the power of web-scale to remote office and branch locations at an affordable starting price.
- Pay-as-you-grow IT: Start with as few as 3 nodes in a 2U Nutanix NX-1000 and scale by adding individual nodes as needed.
- Consolidated infrastructure: Reduce space and power by up to 80% with a hyperconverged solution.
- High availability: Integrated workflows for VM-centric backups and failover between branch offices and central datacenters.
- Self healing: Rest easy with rapid fault isolation and resolution using built-in diagnostics and intelligence.
- Reduced requirements: Avoid costly upgrades by utilizing standard branch office power and networking infrastructure (110 volt and 1 GbE respectively).
Nutanix’s unique architecture enables you to start small with the affordable NX-1000 and scale easily, using a pay-as-you grow model for end-to-end infrastructure needs. A single Nutanix platform can run all of a remote office’s local applications, such as SQL Server, Exchange, custom applications, virtual desktops using VMware Horizon and Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, and services including DHCP, DNS, file and print, WAN optimization, and security-focused virtual appliances. Additionally, IT administrators can remotely manage all branch, retail, and regional locations from a single management pane using the intuitive Nutanix Prism Central.
For data protection of remote applications, VMs and data, Nutanix provides integrated data protection and disaster recovery capabilities. The Nutanix Time Stream, for example, allows unlimited VM-centric snapshots to be created on a local cluster for improved RPO and RTO. For situations requiring centralized data protection and disaster recovery, Nutanix features, including VM-centric remote replication and Cloud Connect, enable protection against remote site outages and disasters.
"With Nutanix in place, we have a very robust platform that can deploy services at a moment's notice to branch offices. And we’re comfortable they have enough horsepower and I/O to handle anything we throw at them."