Cloudera with Nutanix
Scaling your Apache Hadoop deployments with Nutanix and Cloudera
Running Cloudera Data Platform on Nutanix allows you to manage multiple petabytes in a single HDFS namespace, while maintaining separate failure domains. This reference architecture shows Nutanix scalability and provides detailed recommendations for the design, optimization, and scaling of Cloudera Data Platform Private Cloud (CDP) 7.x and Cloudera Data Hub (CDH) 6.x deployments on Nutanix.
A Cloudera Certified Technology, Nutanix simulated real-world workloads and conditions for a Cloudera Hadoop environment on AHV and ESXi with rack awareness. We based the sizing data and recommendations made in this document on multiple testing iterations and thorough technical validation.
Download this document to learn more about the following subject areas:
- Overview of the Nutanix solution for delivering Cloudera on AHV and ESXi.
- The benefits of running Cloudera on Nutanix.
- Architecting a complete Cloudera solution on the Nutanix platform.
- Sizing guidance for scaling Cloudera deployments on Nutanix.
- Design and configuration considerations when architecting Cloudera Hadoop on AHV and ESXi with Nutanix distributed storage.