Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI-Edge)
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure – Edge (NCI-Edge) provides a distributed infrastructure platform for small edge deployments. NCI-Edge provides the same capabilities as NCI, combining compute, storage, and networking resources from a cluster of servers into a single logical pool with integrated resiliency, security, performance, and simplified administration. NCI-Edge is limited to a maximum of 25 VMs in a cluster, with each VM being limited to a maximum of 96GB of memory. With NCI-Edge, organizations can efficiently extend the Nutanix platform to remote office/branch office (ROBO) and other edge use cases.
- Nutanix AOS: scale-out storage technology that makes hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) possible.
- Nutanix AHV: lightweight cloud hypervisor built into NCI and offers enterprise-grade virtualization capabilities and built-in Kubernetes support.
- Nutanix Kubernetes Engine (NKE): an enterprise Kubernetes management solution that simplifies provisioning, operations, and lifecycle management of Kubernetes.
- Nutanix Disaster Recovery: a natively integrated DR solution that helps organizations stay prepared in the face of a disaster while minimizing data loss and downtime.
- Prism: management UI including Prism Element and Prism Central for infrastructure management, authentication, RBAC; REST APIs for integration with existing management systems
- Insights: proactive alerts and support relating to the Nutanix managed infrastructure
- Lifecycle Manager (LCM): upgrade coordination and management; Foundation and Foundation Central for initial deployment
- Nutanix Uniified Storage (NUS): 1 TiB included for files/objects storage
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure – Edge (NCI-Edge) Starter
Core set of infrastructure functionality for edge deployments
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure – Edge (NCI-Edge) Pro
Rich data services, enhanced resilience, GPU support, and more flexible deployment options for edge deployments
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure – Edge (NCI-Edge) Ultimate
Full suite of capabilities including advanced disaster recovery (DR), K8s Engine, and full stack security ffor edge deployments
|What you get||
Basic HCI including AOS, AHV, NKE, Disaster Recovery, Prism, Insights, Lifecycle Management with maximum cluster size of 12 nodes
Everything in Starter with no cluster size limitation*, and:
Everything in Pro, and:
Note: Advanced Encryption, Security, and cloud-native add-ons are not available for NCI-Edge Pro, please utilize NCI licensing if these capabilities are required.
|Type||SKU Format||Example SKU(s)|
|New NCI-Edge Licensing||SW-NCI-E-[EDITION]-[SUPPORTLEVEL]||SW-NCI-E-PRO-PR
|STR - Starter|
|PRO - Pro|
|ULT - Ultimate|
|PR - Production Support
|MC - Mission Critical Support
|FP - Federal Production Support|
|FM - Federal Mission Critical Support|
|AP - Authorized Partner, Production Support|
|AM – Authorized Partner, Mission Critical Support
Product Add-ons Available
- Nutanix Unified Storage (NUS) can be added on to any NCI-Edge cluster to get multi-protocol unified storage capabilities. 1 TiB of NUS Pro per NCI-Edge cluster is included at no cost with NCI-Edge.
Pricing, Deployment, and Licensing Terms
- NCI-Edge is priced on a per VM basis as measured by the maximum number of concurrently powered-on VMs.
- NCI-Edge term licenses run on and are portable across a variety of vendor platforms including Nutanix appliances, OEM platforms, third-party servers, and public cloud platforms, as specified in our hardware platforms website page.
- NCI-Edge licenses must run on a dedicated licensed cluster with no core-based licensing. Mixing of NCI-Edge licenses with other types of NCI licensing within a cluster is not supported.
- NCI-Edge licenses are available on AOS 6.1.1 (LTS AOS 6.5) or higher, and require Prism Central 2022.4 or higher version as well as NCC 4.5.0 or higher
- NCI-Edge licensing cannot be mixed with legacy AOS ROBO licenses within a cluster, but can be mixed within a Prism Central provided each cluster under the Prism Central’s purview is wholly on NCI-Edge or wholly on legacy AOS ROBO licensing.
- NCI-Edge editions are determined at the cluster level, clusters with mixed Starter/Pro/Ultimate licensing will default to the lowest tier.
- For deployment on public cloud, a minimum of Pro edition is required. NCI-Edge Starter is not eligible for deployment on public cloud.
- Maximum allowed VMs in an Edge cluster may not exceed 25. Maximum allowed memory per VM in an Edge cluster may not exceed 96 GB.
- Scope included for Nutanix Security Central in NCI-Edge Ultimate is infrastructure running Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure. Public cloud capability requires NCM Security Central SaaS SKU.
- All SKUs deliver term licenses, and are configurable for any duration between 6-60 months. Licenses must be renewed for continued access to software and support
- Disaster Recovery sites require separate licensing.
- Encryption support is subject to export laws. Contact your account representative to confirm eligibility.
- The Nutanix End-User Licensing Agreement is applicable for all NCI-Edge software.
Related Offerings and Services
- NCI core-based licensing provides a full-featured general-purpose infrastructure platform license that is priced on a server capacity basis (no. of cores) without the cluster size and memory limitations of NCI-Edge.
- Professional services for cluster deployment are recommended for new and significant expansion deployments.
Note: NCI-Edge offer and all SKUs mentioned in this document are part of the ‘PnP 2.0’ product portfolio from Nutanix and are priced according to a low list, low discount regime. For specific details, please contact your Nutanix Account Team