Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure - Data (NCI-D)
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure - Data (NCI-D) is a distributed storage platform for enterprise IT applications. NCI-D software combines storage resources from a cluster of servers into a single logical pool with integrated resiliency, security, performance, and simplified administration. With NCI-D, organizations can efficiently deploy and manage data across datacenter, edge, and cloud environments without the complexity or cost of traditional infrastructure. Now IT can spend less time and money on infrastructure management and give users the ability to easily manage their own storage.
- Nutanix AOS: scale-out storage technology that makes hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) possible.•Nutanix Disaster Recovery: a natively integrated DR solution that helps organizations stay prepared in the face of a disaster while minimizing data loss and downtime.
- Prism: management UI including Prism Element and Prism Central for infrastructure management, authentication, RBAC; REST APIs for integration with existing management systems
- Insights: proactive alerts and support relating to the Nutanix managed infrastructure
- Lifecycle Manager (LCM): upgrade coordination and management; Foundation and Foundation Central for initial deployment
- Nutanix Uniified Storage (NUS): 1 TiB included for files/objects storage
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure – Data
Core set of infrastructure functionality without AHV support
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure – Data (NCI-D) Pro
Rich data services, enhanced resilience, GPU support, and more flexible deployment options, no AHV support.
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure – Data (NCI-D) Ultimate
Full suite of capabilities including advanced disaster recovery (DR), and full stack security, no AHV support.
|What you get||
Basic HCI including AOS, Disaster Recovery, Prism, Insights, Lifecycle Management with maximum cluster size of 12 nodes
Everything in Starter with no cluster size limitation, and:
Everything in Pro, and:
Note: Nutanix AHV, a lightweight cloud hypervisor that offers enterprise-grade virtualization capabilities, is included in NCI-D, but support for AHV is not included. For production use of AHV, customers are encouraged to upgrade to NCI.
Optional Add-ons for NCI-D Pro
|Advanced Disaster Recovery||Security|
|Type||SKU Format||Example SKU(s)|
|New NCI-D Licensing||SW-NCI-D-[EDITION]-[SUPPORTLEVEL]
|New NCI-D Add-ons||SWA-NCI-D-[ADDON]-[SUPPORTLEVEL]
|STR - Starter|
|PRO - Pro|
|ULT - Ultimate|
|ADR – Advanced Disaster Recovery
|SEC - Security
|PR - Production Support
|MC - Mission Critical Support
|FP - Federal Production Support|
|FM - Federal Mission Critical Support|
|AP - Authorized Partner, Production Support|
|AM – Authorized Partner, Mission Critical Support
Product Add-ons Available
- Nutanix Unified Storage (NUS) can be added on to any NCI-D cluster for multi-protocol unified storage capabilities. 1 TiB of NUS Pro per NCI-D cluster is included at no cost with NCI-D.
Pricing, Deployment, and Licensing Terms
- NCI-D is priced on a per core basis and licensing must cover the entire number of cores for full capacity of the cluster being licensed.
- NCI-D term licenses run on and are portable across a variety of vendor platforms including Nutanix appliances, OEM platforms, third-party servers, and public cloud platforms, as specified in our hardware platforms website page.
- NCI-D licenses are available on AOS 6.1.1 (LTS AOS 6.5) or higher, and require Prism Central 2022.4 or higher version as well as NCC 4.5.0 or higher
- NCI-D editions are determined at the cluster level, clusters with mixed licensing will default to the lowest tier. Clusters with mixed NCI & NCI-D licensing will default to NCI-D capabilities.
- Refer to Nutanix Configuration Maximums on the Nutanix portal for cluster size limitations for NCI-D Pro and Ultimate.
- NCI-D licensing cannot be mixed with AOS legacy licenses within a cluster, but can be mixed within a Prism Central provided each cluster under the Prism Central’s purview is wholly on NCI or wholly on legacy AOS licensing.
- For deployment on public cloud, a minimum of Pro edition is required. NCI-D Starter is not eligible for deployment on public cloud.
- All SKUs deliver term licenses, and are configurable for any duration between 12-60 months. Licenses must be renewed for continued access to software and support.
- Disaster Recovery sites require separate licensing.
- Encryption support is subject to export laws. Contact your account representative to confirm eligibility.
- The Nutanix End-User Licensing Agreement is applicable for all NCI software.
Related Offerings and Services
- NCI provides a more full-featured infrastructure platform that includes support for the AHV hypervisor, an included Kubernetes engine, microsegmentation, and security dashboards.
- Professional services for cluster deployment are recommended for new and significant expansion deployments.
Note that the NCI-D offer and all SKUs mentioned in this document are part of the ‘PnP 2.0’ product portfolio from Nutanix and are priced according to a low list, low discount regime. For specific details, please contact your Nutanix Account Team