We are pleased to announce that the simple yet scalable S3-compatible storage solution Nutanix Objects has been deemed compliant with SEC Rule 17a-4(f), FINRA rule 4511(c), and the principle-based requirements of CFTC Rule 1.31(c)-(d) for recording and non-rewritable, non-erasable storage of electronic records by Cohasset Associates.
Cohasset Associates, a leading professional services company specializing in records management and information governance consulting services, assessed Nutanix Objects v3.1 capabilities against five requirements related to the recording and non-rewritable non-erasable storage of electronic records, as detailed in SEC Rule 17a-4(f) and FINRA rule 4511(c), and the related requirements of CFTC 1.31(c)-(d). The full report is available and can be downloaded here.
Cohasset concluded that when appropriately configured, Nutanix Objects bucket lock and object lock capabilities prevent the overwriting, erasing, or alteration of an electronic record during a defined retention period. Per the regulatory requirements evaluated in the report, these capabilities provide customers with the ability to:
- preserve records exclusively in a non-rewritable, non-erasable format
- automatically verify the quality and accuracy of the storage platform’s recording process
- serialize and retain original and duplicate records
- provide adequate capacity to readily download records and associated indexes in formats and media acceptable to the SEC and self-regulatory organizations
- store a duplicate copy of a record on an alternate medium in the event the primary medium is compromised
The independent review and validation demonstrates to our customers that Nutanix Objects can provide the necessary capabilities to store and retain electronic records in a manner compliant with regulations within the securities broker-dealer industry.
You can download the assessment here.