Fast and flexible access to IT infrastructure has become a critical success factor for modern business. Nutanix and Equinix have joined up to help enterprise IT teams reduce time to market for new applications and services. Equinix Metal™ enables as-a-service infrastructure deployment globally and rapid scalability for hyperconverged infrastructure using the Nutanix® Cloud Platform, enabling you to shift CapEx to OpEx while reducing hardware spending on key workloads and enhancing your ability to reach the users, partners, and clouds that matter most to your business.
Introducing Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal
Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal combines the benefits of the proven Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) software with the power and bare-metal performance of Equinix Metal™.
Nutanix Cloud Platform provides a modern, software-defined architecture that integrates the IT resources necessary to run any application while dramatically reducing operational complexity. The Nutanix software stack is optimized and scalable to support the workloads your business depends on, whether that means traditional enterprise workloads or the latest cloud native apps.
Equinix Metal provides the control and performance of physical, bare-metal hardware with the low overhead of the cloud, enabling you to activate infrastructure globally, and deploy, maintain, and scale applications to create a digital advantage. It’s integrated with Equinix Fabric™, which connects customers to network, content, and cloud providers using the industry's largest infrastructure ecosystem.
Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal delivers a seamless hybrid cloud experience, enabling you to extend your reach globally and connect everything from on-premises private clouds to public clouds
This solution is available on Equinix’ standard m3.large.x86 servers, which feature high-performance AMD EPYC™ CPUs that are perfect for general purpose workloads. It offers flexibility in terms of amount of memory and number of NVMe drives, so customers with larger, more demanding production environments can choose workload-optimized configurations with additional NVMe drives for more performance and storage.
Other benefits of the solution are:
- Reduce overhead and achieve predictable OpEx while lowering egress costs
- Automate deployments while eliminating the need to re-factor applications when moving between locations
- Lower costs with reserved capacity for predictable workloads and on-demand access and scalability for elastic workloads
With the same Nutanix management tools and APIs everywhere, you can easily move your VMs, files, and data among on-premises datacenters and cloud environments without re-architecting or refactoring. You can combine cloud native services and existing applications without expensive refactoring while achieving cloud-native performance.
Read the Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal solution brief for more details.
Tackle Your Most Challenging Use Cases
Combining the advantages of Nutanix software with the bare-metal performance of Equinix Metal enables you to tackle your most challenging use cases head on. Popular use cases include:
- Datacenter Consolidation. With Nutanix on Equinix Metal, you can decommission and consolidate existing datacenters or more easily accommodate mergers and acquisitions. This includes the ability to lift and shift traditional workloads without refactoring.
- On-Demand Elasticity. Take advantage of Nutanix on Equinix Metal to gain proximity to your most important metros and support elastic use cases such as dev/test, seasonal or end-of-quarter spikes, and delivering software-as-a-service.
- Cloud Adoption and Migration. Easily support geographies where you lack a physical footprint or gain adjacency to public clouds and networks for hybrid operations.
- Disaster Recovery. Let Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal serve as your secondary datacenter, eliminating the cost and headaches associated with procuring, maintaining, and managing a DR site.
A Better Solution for Disaster Recovery
COVID-19 has driven home the critical importance of business continuity and disaster recovery for businesses of all sizes. With many enterprises focused on disaster recovery (DR) improvements in 2022, we particularly want to emphasize the benefits of Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal for DR.
If you’re running Nutanix on-premises, you can leverage our DR offering to quickly and seamlessly create a DR environment without the need to purchase equipment or maintain a secondary site. Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal extends the full Nutanix data protection stack to Equinix, including:
- Nutanix AOS™ software license mobility
- Non-disruptive DR testing and cleanup
- Automated failover and failback
- Ability to connect all your distributed infrastructure with Equinix Fabric
Read the Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal: Disaster Recovery solution brief for details
Find Out More
Through our partnership, Nutanix and Equinix make it simpler for enterprises to address the challenges associated with today’s global infrastructure requirements. To find out more about Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal, use the following links:
- Partner page on Equinix.com
- Partner page on Nutanix.com
- Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal solution brief
- Nutanix Cloud Platform on Equinix Metal: Disaster Recovery solution brief
You can also connect directly with a Nutanix representative by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org