Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI)
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI) is a distributed infrastructure platform for enterprise IT applications. NCI software combines compute, storage, and networking resources from a cluster of servers into a single logical pool with integrated resiliency, security, performance, and simplified administration. With NCI, organizations can efficiently deploy and manage data and applications across datacenter, edge, and cloud environments without the complexity or cost of traditional infrastructure. Now IT can spend less time and money on infrastructure management and give users the ability to easily manage their own workloads.
- Nutanix AOS: scale-out storage technology that makes hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) possible.
- Nutanix AHV: lightweight cloud hypervisor built into NCI and offers enterprise-grade virtualization capabilities and built-in Kubernetes support.
- Nutanix Kubernetes Engine (NKE): an enterprise Kubernetes management solution that simplifies provisioning, operations, and lifecycle management of Kubernetes.
- Nutanix Disaster Recovery: a natively integrated DR solution that helps organizations stay prepared in the face of a disaster while minimizing data loss and downtime.
- Prism: management UI including Prism Element and Prism Central for infrastructure management, authentication, RBAC; REST APIs for integration with existing management systems
- Insights: proactive alerts and support relating to the Nutanix managed infrastructure
- Lifecycle Manager (LCM): upgrade coordination and management; Foundation and Foundation Central for initial deployment
- Nutanix Uniified Storage (NUS): 1 TiB included for files/objects storage
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI) Starter
Core set of infrastructure functionality
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI) Pro
Rich data services, enhanced resilience, GPU support, and more flexible deployment options.
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI) Ultimate
Full suite of capabilities including advanced disaster recovery (DR), K8s Engine, and full stack security.
|What you get||
Basic HCI including AOS, AHV, NKE, Disaster Recovery, Prism, Insights, Lifecycle Management with maximum cluster size of 12 nodes
Everything in Starter with no cluster size limitation*, and:
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI) Ultimate Full suite of capabilities including advanced disaster recovery (DR), K8s Engine, and full stack security.
Optional Add-ons for NCI Pro
|Advanced Disaster Recovery||Security||Cloud-Native|
|Type||SKU Format||Example SKU(s)|
|New NCI Licensing||SW-NCI-[EDITION]-[SUPPORTLEVEL]||SW-NCI-PRO-PR|
|New NCI Add-ons||SWA-NCI-[ADDON]-[SUPPORTLEVEL]||SWA-NCI-SEC-PR|
|STR - Starter|
|PRO - Pro|
|ULT - Ultimate|
|ADR – Advanced Disaster Recovery
|SEC - Security
|NKS – Cloud Native
|PR - Production Support
|MC - Mission Critical Support
|FP - Federal Production Support|
|FM - Federal Mission Critical Support|
|AP - Authorized Partner, Production Support|
|AM – Authorized Partner, Mission Critical Support
Product Add-ons Available
- Nutanix Unified Storage (NUS) can be added on to any NCI cluster to get multi-protocol unified storage capabilities. 1 TiB of NUS Pro per NCI cluster is included at no cost with NCI.
- Nutanix Database Service (NDB) can be added on to NCI Pro and Ultimate clusters to add database automation services including provisioning, cloning, copy data management, and lifecycle management capabilities for a large variety of databases
Pricing, Deployment, and Licensing Terms
- NCI is priced on a per core basis and licensing must cover the entire number of cores for full capacity of the cluster being licensed.
- NCI term licenses run on and are portable across a variety of vendor platforms including Nutanix appliances, OEM platforms, third-party servers, and public cloud platforms, as specified in our hardware platforms website page.
- NCI licenses are available on AOS 6.1.1 (LTS AOS 6.5) or higher, and require Prism Central 2022.4 or higher version as well as NCC 4.5.0 or higher.
- NCI editions are determined at the cluster level, clusters with mixed licensing will default to the lowest tier.
- Refer to Nutanix Configuration Maximums on the Nutanix portal for cluster size limitations for NCI Pro and Ultimate.
- NCI licensing cannot be mixed with AOS legacy licenses within a cluster, but can be mixed within a Prism Central provided each cluster under the Prism Central’s purview is wholly on NCI or wholly on legacy AOS licensing.
- For deployment on public cloud, a minimum of Pro edition is required. NCI Starter is not eligible for deployment on public cloud.
- Scope included for Nutanix Security Central in NCI Ultimate and Security Add-on for NCI Pro is infrastructure running Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure. Public cloud capability requires NCM Security Central SaaS SKU.
- All SKUs deliver term licenses, and are configurable for any duration between 6-60 months. Licenses must be renewed for continued access to software and support.
- Disaster Recovery sites require separate licensing.
- Encryption support is subject to export laws. Contact your account representative to confirm eligibility.
- The Nutanix End-User Licensing Agreement is applicable for all NCI software.
- Professional services for cluster deployment are recommended for new and significant expansion deployments.
Note that the NCI offer and all SKUs mentioned in this document are part of the ‘PnP 2.0’ product portfolio from Nutanix and are priced according to a low list, low discount regime. For specific details, please contact your Nutanix Account Team