Energy & Utilities
- Enhanced business resiliency in current pandemic and VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity) environment
- Increased login speed by 5x, from 150 seconds to 30 seconds
- Reduced CapEx of mobile business support and infrastructure with flexible scalability
- Great user feedback on seamless experience with remote working enabled by VDI
- Enabled staff to work anywhere and across any device in just 3 days
- Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nutanix Prism Pro
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- VMware Horizon-based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Korea Western Power Co. (KOWEPO) is a leading power supplier that contributes approximately 10% of the nation’s total power generation capacity. In order to maintain business continuity amid the global pandemic, they needed to adapt quickly to allow remote working, ensuring the staff safety and maintaining core headquarters function to provide uninterrupted power to the region.
KOWEPO chose to work with Nutanix because of its industry record of deploying faster than other solutions. In just three days over a weekend, KOWEPO completed the VDI solution deployment. Now KOWEPO’s HQ workforce benefits from complete, secure, and instant access to their workstations and applications. With seamless access to their corporate applications, KOWEPO staff have lauded the higher availability. Login speeds have vastly improved by 5x, reducing from 150 seconds to just 30 seconds.
As a public-sector enterprise that highly values conservative business practices, Korea Western Power is now laying the foundation for a new culture, one that sees a more mobile and digital workforce with higher business resiliency.
KOWEPO is moving towards a new culture that allows work from anywhere, across any device to handle the increasing VUCA environment. Nutanix VDI was deployed in just 3 days and majority of our staff have lauded the fast login speed as well as its frictionless experience.– Jang Seung Kew, deputy general manager of the Security Department ICT Team at Korea Western Power