May 14, 2013
Live Webinar: The Future of Software-Defined Networks
Thursday, June 6, 2013; 10 am PT
Join this webinar in which the industry leaders Nutanix and Arista discuss the various benefits of software-defined networks and take a deep dive into how SDNs are able to de-couple and abstract control from the data plane with technologies like OpenFlow and how these play into the larger picture of Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
Attend this webinar and learn:
- What are SDNs and their role in network function virtualization (NFV)
- What defines a true SDN solution
- How SDNs and virtualized networks impact applications and business
- The key trends, technologies and players in the SDN space
- Technical concepts and application of SDN
- How to position and leverage SDNs
January 19, 2013
Thursday mornings at 9:00 a.m. PT
Join us for a TechTalk with a live demo presented by Nutanix technical experts and see how high performance scale-out compute and storage simplifies the datacenter.
March 21, 2013
Webinar: Why Computing Environments Need Even More Abstraction
Hypervisors have revolutionized enterprise computing. Abstracting the operating system from underlying hardware resources via the creation of virtual machines (VMs) has yielded enormous benefits.
But why stop at the operating system? Emerging technologies are now taking virtualization even further – abstracting the individual applications from the operating system itself. Imagine the possibilities of a ‘micro hypervisor’ for operating systems.
Watch this webinar and learn from industry leaders Nutanix and Bromium about the next wave of virtualization and application abstraction.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why there is motivation to abstract application-specific workloads from the operating system
- New use cases supported by introducing another layer of abstraction
- Where hardware technologies are evolving to enable this trend
- How developments in virtualization will alter the relationship between the hardware, hypervisor and application environment
March 8, 2013
Converged infrastructure and desktop layering simplify VDI for New Zealand government council
Held on Thursday, March 14, 2013
VDI hasn’t taken off like everyone predicted. Why? Cost and complexity.
Then how has the IT team at South Taranaki District Council (STDC) been able to reduce costs, save time, and increase service with VDI?
STDC’s Pete Sayers and Stephen Mileham discuss how game-changing technologies from Nutanix and Unidesk have enabled them to build a fast, flexible, and easy-to-manage VMware View environment. You’ll learn:
- How VDI was implemented in days without separate SAN, server, and networking infrastructure
- How desktop build times are reduced from 4-6 hours to 15 minutes, even with every desktop needing different apps
- How break/fix time is now only 10 minutes per desktop
- Why IOPS is no longer an issue
- Why Nutanix + Unidesk is “the best thing since sliced bread”
March 1, 2013
Building Next-Gen Datacenters with Converged Infrastructure
Presenter: Greg Smith, Senior Director of Product and Technical Marketing
Datacenter architectures are undergoing a major transformation, as virtualization and a new generation of converged infrastructure deliver unprecedented flexibility, scalability, and efficiency. Companies of all sizes, including SMBs, can now tap the same technologies powering world-class IT leaders, such as Google, Facebook and Amazon, to scale their infrastructure seamlessly and predictably.
This next-generation of converged solution collapses storage and compute resources into a single tier, completely eliminating the cost and complexity of SANs. It’s now possible to run entire datacenters using off-the-shelf hardware to power company growth and ‘right size’ infrastructure investment.
This webinar from Nutanix will examine the most recent developments in virtualization and storage, and detail how these new technologies can be deployed to build next-generation datacenters at any scale.
Watch this webinar and learn:
- How the same converged architectures powering Google can be leveraged in your datacenter
- The best way to deploy a converged infrastructure to run any virtual workload
- The right way to eliminate your SAN and improve storage performance and functionality
January 17, 2013
Evolving Disaster Recovery for Software-Defined Datacenters
Held on: February 7, 2013
Join us for this webinar where we explore the latest trends and technologies that are changing enterprise disaster recovery (DR). This technical webinar will give you some hands-on tools, as well as valuable insight into current best practices for DR.
Attend this webinar and learn about:
- How to design and implement a proactive DR plan for your next-generation, software-defined datacenter.
- Strategies that your enterprise can use to design and implement an effective service-continuity solution.
- What’s coming down the road so you can anticipate the changes in DR for datacenters of the future.
This technical webinar is the first in a new thought-leadership series from Nutanix, the leader in next-generation converged infrastructure.
Lukas Lundell, Global Manager, Systems Reliability Engineering, Nutanix
Steve Poitras, Solution Architect, Nutanix
January 15, 2013
Impact of Converged Infrastructure on the Virtual Datacenter
Held on: January 17, 2013
Watch this on-demand webinar hosted by Systems Architect Tony Holland from Nutanix and VMware vExpert, Microsoft MVP, and Unidesk Chief Solution Architect Ron Oglesby. This webinar is part of the virtualization webinar series hosted by Ron. The series is 100% informational and pure geek-speak – no vendor pitches.
Ron and Tony will dive deep on converged infrastructure, geeking-out on:
– The big problems converged infrastructure technology is solving
– The impact of converged infrastructure on VDI design
– Storage redundancy models in converged infrastructure
– Key players in the converged infrastructure market
January 13, 2013
Converged Infrastructure for the Next-Gen Datacenter
Held on: December 6, 2012
View this on-demand webinar featuring Forrester where we examine the recent and anticipated trends in virtualization, and the industry’s shift towards converged data storage in the next-generation datacenters.
Tune into this on-demand webinar and learn about:
- The changing landscape of enterprise datacenters and virtualization infrastructure
- How enterprises benefit by leveraging a high-performance converged platform
- How the unique architecture from Nutanix allows for high-performance and cost-effective virtualization
- How to eliminate the cost and complexity of a SAN with the Nutanix solution
Rich Fichera, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Howard Ting, VP of Marketing, Nutanix
Steve Poitras, Technical Marketing Manager, Nutanix
January 11, 2013
Enable Scalable High-Performance VDI with Converged Compute and Storage
Held on: November 15, 2012
Separate server, storage, and network fabric is old school architecture that’s complex expensive, and difficult to manage. Converged compute and storage in a compact appliance with linear scalability is a home run for VDI as well as big data and enterprise application virtualization.
Tune into this on-demand webinar and learn about:
– Key considerations when choosing a VDI solution
– How to make VDI cost effective, start small and easily expand
– How to grow from pilot to productions without any changes to your architecture
– How customers are leveraging a converged platform in their deployment
Dwayne Lessner, Systems Engineer, Nutanix VMware vExpert, VCP & VCAP, blogger and published author
January 9, 2013
Slash VDI Costs Without Slashing Functionality
High Costs. Impossible Complexity. Limited Desktop Experience. Of course, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) has a bad rap. Even with the clear mobility, security, and agility advantages, why would anyone consider VDI given such tough challenges?
Here’s why: VDI technology has finally caught up to its potential!
Now, VDI can be simple. VDI can be cost-effective. And, VDI can satisfy both your IT staff and your end-users.
VCDX, VMware vExpert Manager, Nutanix
VMware vExpert, Citrix
CTP Chief Solution Architect, Unidesk Corporation
January 7, 2013
VDI Without a SAN: 3000 seat VMWare View Reference Architecture
Learn how to linearly scale performance from 300 to 3000 virtual desktops in this webinar, featuring Q&A with Steven Poitras, Nutanix Solution Engineer about the Nutanix and VMware View 5 Reference Architecture.
January 5, 2013
Learn How to Virtualize without a SAN
Learn how the unique architecture of Nutanix allows for high performance and cost-effective virtualization without a SAN.
January 3, 2013
Nutanix’s Best of VMworld VDI Webinar
Learn more about the Nutanix’ award-winning solution for the desktop virtualization use case and how it delivers high-performance VDI in a radically simple building block.
January 1, 2013
Nutanix at Tech Field Day 8 – 2011
Stephen Foskett’s Tech Field Day panel of independent analysts and bloggers descend on Nutanix headquarters for a technical deep dive.