January 19, 2013
Weekly Webinar: Get to Know Nutanix
Thursday mornings at 9:00 a.m. PT
Join us for an engaging product overview with a live demo presented by Nutanix technical experts and see how high performance scale-out compute and storage simplifies the datacenter.
January 24, 2014
Ditch Disaster, Gain Protection for VMware & Hyper-V Platforms in 2014
Nutanix and Veeam® are both leaders in providing virtualization solutions for the next-gen data center. Nutanix is a converged infrastructure that consolidates compute and storage resources into a single, integrated appliance. Veeam provides fast, flexible, and reliable recovery of virtualized applications and data. Together we enable performance and granular backup for the most critical workloads. Get the features you’ve been asking for — ease of use and deployment, while reducing wastage and achieving desired RTO/RPO objectives.
January 24, 2014
Selecting the Right Storage Architecture for Microsoft SQL Server and Exchange
During the webinar, you’ll learn: How different storage architecture options really measure up; why high-performance converged platforms are winning the race to run SQL Server and Exchange with high performance at scale; how to get the most out of your Microsoft SQL Server and Exchange storage.
December 19, 2013
Selecting the Right Storage Architecture for Microsoft SQL Server
Join Microsoft MVP John Savill and Nutanix for a deep dive session to examine recent trends in virtualization and storage, and what they mean for Microsoft SQL Server deployments. Learn about the various infrastructure options, from traditional direct-attached storage and shared SAN/NAS arrays, to newer converged solutions. Arm yourself with the knowledge to pick the right technology for your organization.
October 16, 2013
How Southland District Council Virtualized all its Desktops in 90 Days
In this on-demand webinar, Damon Campbell, CIO at Southland District Council explains the technologies that enabled his team to successfully deploy VDI in 90 days. During the webinar Damon explains:
- How new layering technology makes VDI easy to manage, even with highly customized desktops that require many unique apps
- How new converged infrastructure solutions like Nutanix eliminate SAN complexity and consolidate desktop and server workloads
- How to maximize limited bandwidth to securely deliver high-performance virtual desktops anywhere, on any device
- How the combination of Unidesk and Nutanix optimizes VDI storage capacity and IOPS
June 12, 2013
How Big Data Technologies Power Facebook
How does a massive cloud infrastructure like Facebook intelligently manage and analyze petabytes of data generated from billions of users every day?
Attend this advanced technical webinar and learn:
-The core technologies powering Facebook infrastructure
-How big data technologies such as HBase are used to manage billions of chat messages, SMS and emails per day
-The right way to leverage distributed systems to meet stringent infrastucture SLAs and monitor datacenter health
-How open source technologies can be used by mainstream enterprises
June 12, 2013
8 Strategies for Building a Modern Datacenter
June 27th, Thursday, 10:00 a.m. PT
Is your datacenter struggling to keep pace with dynamic business demands?
Attend this live webinar to learn about the eight fundamental strategies that lead to a more efficient, manageable and scalable datacenter.
-Switch to modular building block architecture
-Converge infrastructure wherever possible
-Let software drive the datacenter
-Overcome fear of commodity hardware
-Make end-user computing a first-class citizen
-Break down silos for increased flexibility
-Build a hybrid cloud
-Move beyond disaster recovery to service continuity
June 12, 2013
Big Data Fundamentals and Infrastructure Requirements
July 11th, Thursday, 10:00 a.m. PT
What exactly is Big Data and how can it transform routine enterprise IT information into actionable insights?
Attend this technology-focused webinar and learn:
-Fundamental Big Data concepts, such as MapReduce, HDFS, NoSQL and more
-How to decide whether Big Data solutions are right for your organization
-How to get the datacenter network ready for Big Data
-Best practices for using Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) to manage the Hadoop clusters at large scale
This webinar will also feature a LIVE DEMO of Hortonworks Data Platform on the Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform.
June 12, 2013
Building OpenStack on a Single 2U Appliance
OpenStack promises to be the open source cloud operating system. Automated provisioning and management of network, server and storage resource via a single dashboard is great, but how can you get the same one-stop-shop simplicity for the underlying infrastructure?
Attend this advanced private cloud webinar and learn:
-Why OpenStack is much more than just hype
-A summary of key OpenStack technologies
-Why to consider converged infrastructure for building private clouds
-The right way to scale-out OpenStack deployments
June 12, 2013
Taking the Complexity (and time) Out of Virtual Desktop Deployments
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and End User Computing (EUC) solutions promise a variety of enterprise benefits – lower IT costs, employee friendly BYOD and enhanced data security. But these same solutions can introduce complexity and risk if not handled with care.
View this technology webinar and learn about:
-How converged infrastructure solutions can power production-scale EUC and VDI projects
-Best practices for EUC planning and deployments
-How to use new rapid deployment tools to speed both evaluations and time-to-production
-Bringing predictability to user experience and infrastructure scalability
June 12, 2013
Making Disaster Recovery Work for Virtual Machines
Virtualization has delivered undeniable benefits to enterprise computing. Traditional disaster recovery (DR) solutions, however, have not kept pace with the demands of new virtual datacenters.
View this product webinar and learn from Nutanix experts how to:
- Build a VM-centric DR solution that works for any workload
- Leverage native replication built into converged server solutions to simplify enterprise-wide business continuity projects
- Minimize WAN traffic requirements for even the highest change data rates
- Customize DR topologies and policies for your organization
May 14, 2013
The Future of Software-Defined Networks
Join this webinar in which the industry leaders Nutanix and Arista discuss the various benefits of software-defined networks and take a deep dive into how SDNs are able to de-couple and abstract control from the data plane with technologies like OpenFlow and how these play into the larger picture of Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
Attend this webinar and learn:
- What are SDNs and their role in network function virtualization (NFV)
- What defines a true SDN solution
- How SDNs and virtualized networks impact applications and business
- The key trends, technologies and players in the SDN space
- Technical concepts and application of SDN
- How to position and leverage SDNs
March 21, 2013
Webinar: Why Computing Environments Need Even More Abstraction
Hypervisors have revolutionized enterprise computing. Abstracting the operating system from underlying hardware resources via the creation of virtual machines (VMs) has yielded enormous benefits.
But why stop at the operating system? Emerging technologies are now taking virtualization even further – abstracting the individual applications from the operating system itself. Imagine the possibilities of a ‘micro hypervisor’ for operating systems.
Watch this webinar and learn from industry leaders Nutanix and Bromium about the next wave of virtualization and application abstraction.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why there is motivation to abstract application-specific workloads from the operating system
- New use cases supported by introducing another layer of abstraction
- Where hardware technologies are evolving to enable this trend
- How developments in virtualization will alter the relationship between the hardware, hypervisor and application environment
March 8, 2013
Converged infrastructure and desktop layering simplify VDI for New Zealand government council
Held on Thursday, March 14, 2013
VDI hasn’t taken off like everyone predicted. Why? Cost and complexity.
Then how has the IT team at South Taranaki District Council (STDC) been able to reduce costs, save time, and increase service with VDI?
STDC’s Pete Sayers and Stephen Mileham discuss how game-changing technologies from Nutanix and Unidesk have enabled them to build a fast, flexible, and easy-to-manage VMware View environment. You’ll learn:
- How VDI was implemented in days without separate SAN, server, and networking infrastructure
- How desktop build times are reduced from 4-6 hours to 15 minutes, even with every desktop needing different apps
- How break/fix time is now only 10 minutes per desktop
- Why IOPS is no longer an issue
- Why Nutanix + Unidesk is “the best thing since sliced bread”
March 1, 2013
Building Next-Gen Datacenters with Converged Infrastructure
Presenter: Greg Smith, Senior Director of Product and Technical Marketing
Datacenter architectures are undergoing a major transformation, as virtualization and a new generation of converged infrastructure deliver unprecedented flexibility, scalability, and efficiency. Companies of all sizes, including SMBs, can now tap the same technologies powering world-class IT leaders, such as Google, Facebook and Amazon, to scale their infrastructure seamlessly and predictably.
This next-generation of converged solution collapses storage and compute resources into a single tier, completely eliminating the cost and complexity of SANs. It’s now possible to run entire datacenters using off-the-shelf hardware to power company growth and ‘right size’ infrastructure investment.
This webinar from Nutanix will examine the most recent developments in virtualization and storage, and detail how these new technologies can be deployed to build next-generation datacenters at any scale.
Watch this webinar and learn:
- How the same converged architectures powering Google can be leveraged in your datacenter
- The best way to deploy a converged infrastructure to run any virtual workload
- The right way to eliminate your SAN and improve storage performance and functionality
January 17, 2013
Evolving Disaster Recovery for Software-Defined Datacenters
Held on: February 7, 2013
Join us for this webinar where we explore the latest trends and technologies that are changing enterprise disaster recovery (DR). This technical webinar will give you some hands-on tools, as well as valuable insight into current best practices for DR.
Attend this webinar and learn about:
- How to design and implement a proactive DR plan for your next-generation, software-defined datacenter.
- Strategies that your enterprise can use to design and implement an effective service-continuity solution.
- What’s coming down the road so you can anticipate the changes in DR for datacenters of the future.
This technical webinar is the first in a new thought-leadership series from Nutanix, the leader in next-generation converged infrastructure.
Lukas Lundell, Global Manager, Systems Reliability Engineering, Nutanix
Steve Poitras, Solution Architect, Nutanix
January 15, 2013
Impact of Converged Infrastructure on the Virtual Datacenter
Held on: January 17, 2013
Watch this on-demand webinar hosted by Systems Architect Tony Holland from Nutanix and VMware vExpert, Microsoft MVP, and Unidesk Chief Solution Architect Ron Oglesby. This webinar is part of the virtualization webinar series hosted by Ron. The series is 100% informational and pure geek-speak – no vendor pitches.
Ron and Tony will dive deep on converged infrastructure, geeking-out on:
– The big problems converged infrastructure technology is solving
– The impact of converged infrastructure on VDI design
– Storage redundancy models in converged infrastructure
– Key players in the converged infrastructure market
January 13, 2013
Converged Infrastructure for the Next-Gen Datacenter
Held on: December 6, 2012
View this on-demand webinar featuring Forrester where we examine the recent and anticipated trends in virtualization, and the industry’s shift towards converged data storage in the next-generation datacenters.
Tune into this on-demand webinar and learn about:
- The changing landscape of enterprise datacenters and virtualization infrastructure
- How enterprises benefit by leveraging a high-performance converged platform
- How the unique architecture from Nutanix allows for high-performance and cost-effective virtualization
- How to eliminate the cost and complexity of a SAN with the Nutanix solution
Rich Fichera, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Howard Ting, VP of Marketing, Nutanix
Steve Poitras, Technical Marketing Manager, Nutanix
January 11, 2013
Enable Scalable High-Performance VDI with Converged Compute and Storage
Held on: November 15, 2012
Separate server, storage, and network fabric is old school architecture that’s complex expensive, and difficult to manage. Converged compute and storage in a compact appliance with linear scalability is a home run for VDI as well as big data and enterprise application virtualization.
Tune into this on-demand webinar and learn about:
– Key considerations when choosing a VDI solution
– How to make VDI cost effective, start small and easily expand
– How to grow from pilot to productions without any changes to your architecture
– How customers are leveraging a converged platform in their deployment
Dwayne Lessner, Systems Engineer, Nutanix VMware vExpert, VCP & VCAP, blogger and published author
January 9, 2013
Slash VDI Costs Without Slashing Functionality
High Costs. Impossible Complexity. Limited Desktop Experience. Of course, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) has a bad rap. Even with the clear mobility, security, and agility advantages, why would anyone consider VDI given such tough challenges?
Here’s why: VDI technology has finally caught up to its potential!
Now, VDI can be simple. VDI can be cost-effective. And, VDI can satisfy both your IT staff and your end-users.
VCDX, VMware vExpert Manager, Nutanix
VMware vExpert, Citrix
CTP Chief Solution Architect, Unidesk Corporation
January 7, 2013
VDI Without a SAN: 3000 seat VMWare View Reference Architecture
Learn how to linearly scale performance from 300 to 3000 virtual desktops in this webinar, featuring Q&A with Steven Poitras, Nutanix Solution Engineer about the Nutanix and VMware View 5 Reference Architecture.
January 5, 2013
Learn How to Virtualize without a SAN
Learn how the unique architecture of Nutanix allows for high performance and cost-effective virtualization without a SAN.
January 3, 2013
Nutanix’s Best of VMworld VDI Webinar
Learn more about the Nutanix’ award-winning solution for the desktop virtualization use case and how it delivers high-performance VDI in a radically simple building block.
January 1, 2013
Nutanix at Tech Field Day 8 – 2011
Stephen Foskett’s Tech Field Day panel of independent analysts and bloggers descend on Nutanix headquarters for a technical deep dive.