Nutanix and Microsoft Virtualization and Private Cloud Solutions
The web-scale Nutanix® Virtual Computing Platform is the ideal IT infrastructure for Microsoft virtualization and cloud solutions. Using a hyper-converged architecture that combines compute and storage, Nutanix empowers both large and small IT organizations to efficiently consolidate and run all virtualized workloads on a single system. This includes enterprise applications such as Microsoft Exchange™, Microsoft SharePoint®, Microsoft SQL Server®, development operations environments, and virtual desktop deployments—running virtually on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V® technology.
Customers interested in building a private cloud can also take advantage of Windows Azure Pack in conjunction with Windows Server and Hyper-V running on Nutanix to customize a data center environment that provides greater management and control.
Nutanix is Windows Server Hardware certified for 2012 and 2012 R2 and Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track validated.
- Support for Microsoft Server 2012 R2, Systems Center, Hyper-V, Windows Azure Pack, and native SMB 3.0 protocol
- Converged Infrastructure eliminates the cost and complexity of SAN and NAS-based storage
- Purpose-built platform for virtualization allows IT teams to rapidly provision virtual machines and support for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) for seamless management
- Enterprise-class storage features, including thin provisioning/dynamic disks, snapshots, fast clones, compression and de-duplication
Nutanix and Microsoft Applications and Database Solutions
The Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform delivers a turnkey infrastructure solution for Microsoft applications and databases. You can run Microsoft SQL Server alongside other virtualized business applications, including MS SharePoint and Exchange, and benefit from less cost and complexity than legacy SAN and NAS systems.
Nutanix benefits include:
- Increase performance and reliability by running Microsoft SQL Server with other critical workloads
- Eliminate the need for dedicated infrastructure by providing each node with its own storage controller localizing application/database I/O and preventing requests from competing with other VMs running on different nodes, so that its I/O requests do not compete with requests from other VMs running on other hosts.
- Deliver linear and seamless scale-out by enabling customers to independently scale storage capacity and compute resources, and increase the number and size of application/database instances without expensive scale-up investments.
- Obtain resilient and high performance infrastructure by providing pooled storage (HDD, SSD, and Flash) from all nodes in a cluster, while leveraging strong data protection and resiliency by replicating all data across all nodes in a Nutanix cluster.
- Eliminate complexity and reduce deployment time with a portfolio of turnkey appliances that install in less than 30 minutes, and are based on a 100% software-defined architecture for rapid feature velocity and unmatched investment protection.
To learn more about our partnership with Microsoft, please email: email@example.com