This course teaches you the skills needed to install, configure, operate, and manage Nutanix X-Play and Nutanix Calm.
In this course, you will explore a number of subjects including:
- How to perform codeless task automation using X-Play and its actions gallery, plays, and playbooks
- What Nutanix Calm is, how to install and configure it, and how to use the Marketplace to launch blueprints and runbooks
- How to create single- and multi-VM blueprints, and how to publish them to the Marketplace for consumption
- How to manage an application and how to identify issues with Nutanix Calm and X-Play
- IT administrators who manage Nutanix clusters and want a deep dive into multicloud automation using Nutanix Calm
- Anyone pursuing the Nutanix Certified Professional - Multicloud Automation (NCP-MCA) certification
This advanced course requires you to possess a basic Nutanix system administration skill set which includes:
- familiarity with traditional virtualization storage architectures
- hands-on experience with the Prism and Command-line interfaces
These skills can be acquired by attending one of our basic admin courses (Enterprise Cloud Administration), or through on-the-job experience working on a Nutanix system for at least 6 months.
1: IT Operations Automation Using X-Play
- IT automation with Nutanix
- Task automation using X-Play
2: Application Automation Using Nutanix Calm
- Introduction to Nutanix Calm
- Installing Nutanix Calm
- Configuring Nutanix Calm
- Marketplace Usage
- Nutanix Calm Plug-ins
3: Working with Blueprints and Runbooks
- Introduction to Calm Blueprints
- Creating a Single-VM Blueprint
- Creating a Multi-VM Blueprint
- Publishing and Launching a Blueprint
- Working with Endpoints and Runbooks
4: Advanced Calm Actions and Blueprint Management
- Managing an Application
- Advanced Calm Actions
- Advanced Application Actions
5: Identifying Issues with Calm and X-Play
- Identifying Deployment Failure Causes
- Validating Playbook Configurations
- Log Collection
Terms and Conditions
- Customer must purchase training seats in advance of scheduling course dates.
- Customer may not cancel purchased training seats and all amounts paid are non-refundable.
- Customer may reschedule courses with no less than 15 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees may apply.
- Customer may substitute a student with no less than 5 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees do not apply to substitutions.
- Training seats must be consumed within 6 months of purchase. Failure to utilize the training seats within the 6 months of purchase shall result in forfeiture of all fees paid for such seats. Extensions may be available on a case by case basis.
- Most of our Authorized Training Partners (ATPs) have a 10-business day cancellation and/or reschedule policy. If customer cancels or reschedules within those 10 business days, fees may apply up to the full price of the seat.
- Nutanix reserves the right to cancel any scheduled course due to minimum enrollment not being achieved, instructor illness, or other events outside of its control.
- Cancellation notices will be sent to enrolled students by email with rescheduling information and alternative training options.
Stay Connected with Nutanix University
Subscribe to our Education Blog to stay informed of the latest news and announcements from Nutanix University!