This course teaches you the skills needed to design, install, configure, and manage an End-User Computing (EUC) solution on Nutanix. In this course, you will explore several EUC-focused subjects including:
- Considerations when planning an EUC implementation, how to choose between Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), and the options available when designing your EUC solution.
- Nutanix technologies that support an EUC deployment, including Flow Network Security, which provides increased security for desktops, and Files Storage, an integrated file server solution.
- Configuring and operating EUC environments, including using third-party solutions, working with profile stores, and creating and optimizing gold images.
- Optimizing and troubleshooting an EUC environment, including best practices, viewing utilization metrics, and troubleshooting various common issues.
- Customers who want to learn how to plan and operate an EUC solution on Nutanix
- IT administrators who want a deep dive into Nutanix EUC administration
- Anyone pursuing the NCP-EUC certification
- This course requires basic system administration knowledge, acquired through training or hands-on experience.
- You should be familiar with creating a VM through the Nutanix web console (Prism) and running commands from the command line interface (CLI).
- If you do not have these skills, we recommend taking the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (NHCF) class first.
Planning an EUC Implementation
Introduction to EUC
Architecting a VDI Environment
Choosing the Right DaaS Environment
Understanding Citrix VDI on Nutanix
Understanding VMware VDI on Nutanix
Securing an EUC Environment
Understanding the Nutanix Approach to Security
Securing Your Cluster
Securing VMs and Data
Configuring and Operating EUC Environments
Building a Gold Image
Configuring an EUC Environment Using Nutanix and Third-Party Solutions
VDI Profile Store Concepts
Increased Security with Flow Network Security
Integrated File Server Solution with Files Storage
Optimizing and Troubleshooting an EUC Environment
Optimizing a VDI Environment
Incremental Scalability with Nutanix Architecture
Resource Utilization in an EUC Environment
Troubleshooting Issues with a VDI Environment
Terms and Conditions
- Customer must purchase training seats in advance of scheduling course dates.
- Customer may not cancel purchased training seats and all amounts paid are non-refundable.
- Customer may reschedule courses with no less than 15 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees may apply.
- Customer may substitute a student with no less than 5 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees do not apply to substitutions.
- Training seats must be consumed within 12 months of purchase. Failure to utilize the training seats within the 12 months of purchase shall result in forfeiture of all fees paid for such seats. Extensions may be available on a case by case basis.
- Most of our Authorized Training Partners (ATPs) have a 10-business-day cancellation and/or reschedule policy. If customer cancels or reschedules within those 10 business days, fees may apply up to the full price of the seat.
- Nutanix reserves the right to cancel any scheduled course due to minimum enrollment not being achieved, instructor illness, or other events outside of its control.
- Cancellation notices will be sent to enrolled students by email with rescheduling information and alternative training options.
Stay Connected with Nutanix University
Subscribe to our Education Blog to stay informed of the latest news and announcements from Nutanix University!