Chances are, traditional SAN has been part of your lineup for many years—and you’ve likely wondered, “what else is out there?” We've been conducting some in-depth field research and discovered that HCI truly is the way to go.
But in the interest of fairness, we wanted to share some of the most compelling reasons to move to HCI from your SAN solution.
- Reclaim your nights and weekends! Nutanix HCI is super simple to manage; with just one highly visible interface, all it takes is a few clicks and a matter of minutes to get your environment up and running. The result? Your time stays yours, so you can focus on things that matter, such as focusing on your customer base, your next big project, or anything else on your to-do list.
- HCI continues to improve and evolve in capabilities that will help your IT organization consolidate cost management and increase efficiency.
- Get a consumption-based cost model, so you’re not left guessing and predicting storage capacity and performance based on your limited budget. Take the opportunity to plan smarter with your money, which will allow your budget to help you take on the strategic initiatives the company has put on your IT organization.
- Realize financial flexibility. Instead of buying more storage arrays on your SAN solution, you should start to convert CapEx to OpEx by switching to a software-driven HCI infrastructure. No longer should you be forced to buy proprietary HW infrastructure in 3 to 5 year cycles. Plus, an independent study from IDC found a decrease in operating expenses of 60% along with a 5-year ROI of 534% and a 7-month payback. Your CFO will love you!
- Your choice! You call the shots in your clouds. Your choices drive your business. That’s why we’re obsessed with getting your input and contributing to your success. Our straightforward pricing model lets you decide how and when you pay for your infrastructure. You’re free to choose the best hardware for your HCI software environment.
- AI and ML are not meant to replace employees, but meant to empower them to work more efficiently. In many of our Enterprise Cloud Index reports, we continue to see IT playing a more strategic role in the enterprise. To do that, you need to eliminate the mundane tedious tasks endemic to SAN that are often prone to error.
- Your infrastructure should be intelligent and work for you, not the other way around. Complex infrastructure costs more than just high upkeep fees—it costs you your valuable time, resources, and energy, leaving your business treading water instead of reaching your full potential. Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure puts you in the driver’s seat, so you call the shots on the technology you need and the pricing schedule that makes the most sense.
If your goal is to accelerate your digital transformation so that you can improve customer experience and help your business evolve, then Nutanix HCI is your perfect match. Nutanix helps you automate IT operations, consolidate all your workloads, and easily extend to the cloud. Which could be cool, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Need more details on why it would be in your organization’s best interest to move away from SAN? We did the homework for you! Read this eBook to see why HCI can future-proof your organization and help you seamlessly upgrade your legacy 3-tier infrastructure.
OR are you ready to see why HCI is the right move for your infrastructure? Take it for a test drive!
© 2022 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix, the Nutanix logo and all Nutanix product, feature and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nutanix, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s). This post may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site. Our decision to link to an external site should not be considered an endorsement of any content on such a site. Certain information contained in this post may relate to or be based on studies, publications, surveys and other data obtained from third-party sources and our own internal estimates and research. While we believe these third-party studies, publications, surveys and other data are reliable as of the date of this post, they have not independently verified, and we make no representation as to the adequacy, fairness, accuracy, or completeness of any information obtained from third-party sources.
This post may contain express and implied forward-looking statements, which are not historical facts and are instead based on our current expectations, estimates and beliefs. The accuracy of such statements involves risks and uncertainties and depends upon future events, including those that may be beyond our control, and actual results may differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied by such statements. Any forward-looking statements included herein speak only as of the date hereof and, except as required by law, we assume no obligation to update or otherwise revise any of such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.