The Nutanix Enterprise Cloud provides a complete software-defined datacenter infrastructure solution for IBM Db2 databases, eliminating the complexities and inefficiencies of traditional multitier datacenter environments. Whether you are virtualizing critical tier-1 IBM Db2 databases or running them on bare metal, Nutanix solutions bring the predictable performance, availability, scalability, and cost benefits of web-scale architecture to your transactional and analytical IBM Db2 database environments.
This best practices guide outlines our recommended settings for an IBM Db2 11 database on Nutanix with AHV. With the proper settings for Nutanix cluster networking, as well as for volume, LVM, and kernel configuration, you can achieve a truly robust database and maximize IBM Db2 performance.
Download this free best practices guide for detailed information about:
- An overview of the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Nutanix AHV best practices.
- Configuration for volumes (vDisks).
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM) setup.
- Specific recommended settings, including parameters for Db2 deployment, ext4 and XFS file system mount options, and kernel configuration.