This course teaches you the skills needed to install, configure, operate, and manage Nutanix X-Play and Nutanix Calm (renamed to Nutanix Cloud Manager (NCM) Self-Service).
In this course, you will explore a number of subjects including:
- How to perform codeless task automation using X-Play and its actions gallery, plays, and playbooks
- What Nutanix Calm is, how to install and configure it, and how to use the Marketplace to launch blueprints and runbooks
- How to create single- and multi-VM blueprints, and how to publish them to the Marketplace for consumption
- How to manage an application
- How to identify issues with Nutanix Calm and X-Play
- IT administrators who manage Nutanix clusters and want a detailed deep dive into multicloud automation using Nutanix Calm
- Anyone pursuing the Nutanix Certified Professional - Multicloud Automation (NCP-MCA) certification
This advanced course requires you to possess a basic Nutanix system administration skill set which includes:
- Familiarity with traditional virtualization storage architectures
- Hands-on experience with the Prism and Command-line interfaces
- An understanding of Nutanix core concepts and definitions, which can be found here
These skills can be acquired by attending one of our basic admin courses (Enterprise Cloud Administration), or through on-the-job experience working on a Nutanix system for at least 6 months.
1: IT Operations Automation Using X-Play
- IT automation with Nutanix
- Task automation using X-Play
- Prism Element and Prism Central Setup
- Creating a Manually Triggered Playbook
- Creating an Alert Triggered Playbook
2: Application Automation Using Nutanix Calm
- Introduction to Nutanix Calm
- Nutanix Calm Deployment Models
- Installing and Configuring Nutanix Calm
- Working with the Calm Marketplace
- Nutanix Calm Plug-ins
- Enabling Calm
- Creating a Calm Project
3: Working with Blueprints and Runbooks
- Introduction to Calm Blueprints
- Creating a Single-VM Blueprint
- Creating a Multi-VM Blueprint
- Publishing and Launching a Blueprint
- Using the Marketplace Manager
- Managing Applications
- Working with Endpoints and Runbooks
Hands-on Labs: Single VM Blueprints
- Creating a Single VM Blueprint
- Downloading and Launching a Blueprint
- Publishing a Single VM Blueprint to the Marketplace
- Launching a Blueprint from the Marketplace
- Unpublishing and Deleting a Blueprint
- Importing a Blueprint
Hands-on Labs: Multi VM Blueprints and Runbooks
- Creating a Multi-VM Blueprint
- Creating Services
- Adding Dependencies
- Configuring Day 2 Operations
- Launching the Full LAMP Stack
- Configuring Endpoints
- Configuring and Executing a Runbook
4: Advanced Calm Actions and Blueprint Management
- The Library
5: Identifying Issues with Calm and X-Play
- Identifying Causes of Deployment Failure
- Validating Playbook Configurations
- Log Collection
- Import a Problem Blueprint
- Troubleshoot a Problem Blueprint
Terms and Conditions
- Customer must purchase training seats in advance of scheduling course dates.
- Customer may not cancel purchased training seats and all amounts paid are non-refundable.
- Customer may reschedule courses with no less than 15 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees may apply.
- Customer may substitute a student with no less than 5 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees do not apply to substitutions.
- Training seats must be consumed within 6 months of purchase. Failure to utilize the training seats within the 6 months of purchase shall result in forfeiture of all fees paid for such seats. Extensions may be available on a case by case basis.
- Most of our Authorized Training Partners (ATPs) have a 10-business day cancellation and/or reschedule policy. If customer cancels or reschedules within those 10 business days, fees may apply up to the full price of the seat.
- Nutanix reserves the right to cancel any scheduled course due to minimum enrollment not being achieved, instructor illness, or other events outside of its control.
- Cancellation notices will be sent to enrolled students by email with rescheduling information and alternative training options.
Stay Connected with Nutanix University
Subscribe to our Education Blog to stay informed of the latest news and announcements from Nutanix University!