This course teaches you the administrative skills needed to install, configure, manage, and upgrade three different Nutanix unified storage products:
- Nutanix Volumes - Learn how Nutanix Volumes provides block storage for your VMs or physical hosts using the iSCSI protocol, with the same simplicity as virtualized workloads, consolidating infrastructure into a single unified platform.
- Nutanix Files - Set up and manage Nutanix Files, a software-defined, scale-out file storage solution that provides Server Message Block (SMB) and Network File System (NFS) file services to clients.
- Nutanix Objects - Learn how easy it is to spin up Nutanix Objects in a few simple steps, and build a simple, secure, and scale-out stack.
- Systems operators evaluating file, block, and object storage using Nutanix Files, Nutanix Volumes, and Nutanix Objects.
- IT administrators and business leaders who manage Nutanix clusters and want a detailed deep dive into Nutanix storage administration.
- Anyone pursuing Nutanix Certified Professional – Unified Storage (NCP-US) certification.
- This course requires basic system administration knowledge, acquired through training or hands-on experience.
- You should be familiar with iSCSI, SMB, NFS storage protocols, and S3 compatible storage; be able to create a VM through the Nutanix web console (Prism); and know how to run commands from the command line interface (CLI).
- An understanding of Nutanix core concepts and definitions, which can be found here.
- If you do not have these skills, we recommend taking the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (NHCF) class first.
1: Installing and Configuring Nutanix Volumes
- Understanding When to Use Nutanix Volumes
- Deploying Nutanix Volumes and Understanding iSCSI Target Redirection
- Configuring Nutanix Volumes
2: Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Volumes
- Failover and Failback Processes
- Understanding Storage Management and Using the Storage and Volume Groups Dashboards
- Modifying a Volume Group
3: Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Volumes
- Firewall Settings
- iSCSI Timeout Sessions
- Troubleshooting Volume Group Capacity
Nutanix Volumes: Hands on Labs
- Preparing the Cluster
- Configuring Volumes for Windows and Linux
- Managing Volumes for Windows and Linux
- Configuring iSCSI Network Segmentation (Optional)
4: Installing and Configuring Nutanix Files
- Introduction to Nutanix Files
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Files Environments
- Installing Nutanix Files
- The File Server Dashboard
- Configuring Nutanix Files
5: Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Files
- Managing Nutanix Files
- Using File Analytics
- Using Data Lens and Smart DR
- Monitoring Performance and Usage
- Upgrading Nutanix Files
6: Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Files
Understanding the Nutanix Files High Availability Process
Troubleshooting Nutanix Files Issues
Nutanix Files: Hands on Labs
- Installing Nutanix Files
- Managing File Shares and Exports with the Files Console
- Working with File Analytics
- Deleting Nutanix Files
7: Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Introduction to Nutanix Objects
- Enabling Nutanix Objects
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Objects
- Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Configuring Bucket Policies
8: Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Managing Directories and API Keys
- Managing the Object Store
- Managing a Bucket
- Upgrading Nutanix Objects Using LCM
- Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Replication with Nutanix Objects
- Cloud Tiering
9: Analyzing and Troubleshooting Nutanix Objects
- Troubleshooting Issues with Cluster Deployment, Read/Write, Upgrades, and Objects/MSP Clusters using CLI Commands
- Log Collection for Nutanix Objects
Nutanix Objects: Hands on Labs
- Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Managing Nutanix Objects
Terms and Conditions
- Customer must purchase training seats in advance of scheduling course dates.
- Customer may not cancel purchased training seats and all amounts paid are non-refundable.
- Customer may reschedule courses with no less than 15 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees may apply.
- Customer may substitute a student with no less than 5 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees do not apply to substitutions.
- Training seats must be consumed within 12 months of purchase. Failure to utilize the training seats within the 12 months of purchase shall result in forfeiture of all fees paid for such seats. Extensions may be available on a case by case basis.
- Most of our Authorized Training Partners (ATPs) have a 10 business-day cancellation and/or reschedule policy. If customer cancels or reschedules within those 10 days, fees may apply up to the full price of the seat.
- Nutanix reserves the right to cancel any scheduled course due to minimum enrollment not being achieved, instructor illness, or other events outside of its control.
- Cancellation notices will be sent to enrolled students by email with rescheduling information and alternative training options.
Stay Connected with Nutanix University
Subscribe to our Education Blog to stay informed of the latest news and announcements from Nutanix University!