Nutanix Platform Expert (NPX) is the highest level of certification awarded by Nutanix. It validates that recipients have demonstrated the ability to design and deliver enterprise-class solutions on the Nutanix platform, using multiple hypervisors and vendor software stacks.
This hypervisor-agnostic certification enables Enterprise Architects to design cutting-edge Web-scale solutions based solely on business needs. The depth and breadth of the solution design and delivery skills validated through our peer-vetted program make NPX the new standard for excellence.
Through a rigorous application and defense process, the program ensures that every NPX is a superb technologist and architect - capable of designing and delivering a wide range of cutting-edge solutions that are custom-built to support the business goals of organizations around the world.
APPLICATION & DEFENSE PROCESS
Earning your NPX certification is a two-stage process:
- Program Application
- Created by candidate
- Reviewed by Nutanix
- Design Review before a Panel
- Solution design presentation, Q&A
- Hands-on exercise
- Design exercise
Design Reviews are held at different locations throughout the year, with application deadlines set one month earlier.
To ensure that NPXs truly are the best Enterprise Architects in the world, your application design will be judged on:
Conceptual/Logical Design Elements
- Manageability and Control Plane Architecture
- Data Protection and Recoverability
- Compliance and Security
- Virtual Machine Logical Design
- Virtual Networking Design
- Third-party Solution Integration
Physical Design Elements
- Resource Sizing
- Storage Infrastructure
- Platform Selection
- Networking Infrastructure
- Virtual Machine Physical Design
- Management Component Design
- Datacenter Infrastructure (Environmental and Power)
In addition to the design elements listed to the left, during the defense portion of the process you will also be evaluated on your:
- Discovery of business requirements
- Identification of risks, and risk elimination or remediation
- Identification of assumptions and constraints, and removal or accommodation in the solution design
- Incorporation of Web-scale technologies and operational models
- Evaluation of organizational/operational readiness
- Migration and transition planning
Once you earn NPX certification you join a highly exclusive community of the world’s top Enterprise Architects, as well as more tangible benefits:
- Custom, stainless steel “certificate”
- Use of the NPX logo
- Cool NPX branded gear
- Access to Nutanix-sponsored events
- The opportunity to present at leading industry conferences
- Access to beta programs
NPX Mentor Program
After attending the Boot Camp, you will be enrolled in the NPX Mentor program which provides tailored coaching and advisory services to qualified candidates. Your NPX-certified Mentor will review your design with you and make recommendations for improvement as required. They may recommend study or training, as well a providing regular coaching sessions until your documentation is ready for submission.
Stay Connected with Nutanix University
Subscribe to our Education Blog to stay informed of the latest news and announcements from Nutanix University!