Workload & TCO Considerations when Choosing Between Public, Private & Hybrid Cloud
Find out which cloud is right for your business based on current workloads and five-year total cost of ownership
Content is Loading...
By submitting this form, you agree to Nutanix contacting you with this and other information. You may unsubscribe at any time. Nutanix Privacy Statement.
In today’s rapidly evolving business environment, organizations aren’t just using one type of cloud infrastructure to run their business. They are often investing in several different types, from private cloud (on-premises or hosted) to public cloud, to hybrid cloud as they consider options to enhance or replace traditional data centers.
In this white paper, IDC provides considerations and a framework for making workload-based decisions about which cloud infrastructure approach to use to drive the greatest business value. In addition to qualitative factors, it also compares the five-year total cost of ownership related to the type and location of the infrastructure required to run a predetermined, representative set of enterprise workloads.
- whether to retain, refactor, rehost, re-architect, replace or retire legacy workloads
- availability of required cloud skill sets
- how best to migrate a workload to a cloud platform
- how easy is it to connect an on-prem environment to the public cloud
- the five-year TCO for private cloud, hybrid cloud, native public cloud, and 3-tier infrastructure
- ...and more!