This course teaches you the administrative skills needed to install, configure, manage, and upgrade three different Nutanix storage solution products:
- Nutanix Files - As part of this module, you will set up and manage Nutanix Files, a software-defined, scale-out file storage solution that provides a repository for unstructured data, such as home directories and departmental shares.
- Nutanix Volumes - You will learn how Nutanix Volumes provides file storage for your physical workloads, with the same simplicity as virtualized workloads, consolidating infrastructure into a single unified platform.
- Nutanix Objects - Nutanix Objects allows you to build a simple, secure, and scale-out stack. We show you how easy it is to spin up the Nutanix Objects service in a few simple steps.
- Systems operators that want to learn how to manage file, block, and object storage using Nutanix Files, Nutanix Volumes, and Nutanix Objects
- IT administrators who manage Nutanix clusters and want a detailed deep dive into Nutanix storage administration
- Anyone pursuing Nutanix Certified Professional – Data Services (NCP-DS) certification.
- This course requires basic system administration knowledge, acquired through training or hands-on experience.
- You should be familiar with Nutanix storage concepts, be able to create a VM through the Nutanix web console (Prism), and know how to run commands from the command line interface (CLI).
- If you do not have these skills, we recommend taking the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (NHCF) class first.
1: Installing and Configuring Nutanix Files
- Introduction to Nutanix Files
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Files Environments
- Installing Nutanix Files
- The File Server Dashboard
- Configuring Nutanix Files
2: Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Files
- Managing Nutanix Files
- Using Files Analytics
- Monitoring Performance and Usage
- Upgrading Nutanix Files
3: Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Files
- Understanding the Nutanix Files High Availability Process
- Troubleshooting Nutanix Files Issues
4: Installing and Configuring Nutanix Volumes
- Understanding When to Use Nutanix Volumes
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Volumes Environments
- Deploying Nutanix Volumes
- Configuring Nutanix Volumes
5: Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Volumes
- Failover and Failback Processes
- Understanding Storage Management and Using the Storage Dashboard
- Modifying a Volume Group
6: Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Volumes
- Firewall Settings
- iSCSI Timeout Sessions
- Troubleshooting Capacity
7: Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Introduction to Nutanix Objects
- Enabling Nutanix Objects
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Objects
- Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Configuring Bucket Policies
8: Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Managing Directories and API Keys
- Managing the Object Store
- Managing a Bucket
- Upgrading Nutanix Objects Using LCM
- Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Replication with Nutanix Objects
9: Analyzing and Troubleshooting Nutanix Objects
- Troubleshooting Issues with Cluster Deployment, Read/Write, Upgrades, Objects/MSP Cluster using CLI Commands
- Log Collection for Nutanix Objects
Terms and Conditions
- Customer must purchase training seats in advance of scheduling course dates.
- Customer may not cancel purchased training seats and all amounts paid are non-refundable.
- Customer may reschedule courses with no less than 15 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees may apply.
- Customer may substitute a student with no less than 5 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees do not apply to substitutions.
- Training seats must be consumed within 12 months of purchase. Failure to utilize the training seats within the 12 months of purchase shall result in forfeiture of all fees paid for such seats. Extensions may be available on a case by case basis.
- Most of our Authorized Training Partners (ATPs) have a 10 business-day cancellation and/or reschedule policy. If customer cancels or reschedules within those 10 days, fees may apply up to the full price of the seat.
- Nutanix reserves the right to cancel any scheduled course due to minimum enrollment not being achieved, instructor illness, or other events outside of its control.
- Cancellation notices will be sent to enrolled students by email with rescheduling information and alternative training options
Stay Connected with Nutanix University
Subscribe to our Education Blog to stay informed of the latest news and announcements from Nutanix University!