Nutanix is delighted to announce the certification of AppSense DesktopNow workloads on the Nutanix Virtual Computing platform. Adding AppSense DesktopNow to virtual desktops delivered on Nutanix infrastructure provides the perfect solution for customers seeking optimized desktops and applications. The Nutanix platform offers excellent scalability and predictable performance at a very attractive price point. When used in conjunction with Nutanix, the AppSense DesktopNow suite delivers:
- Seamless, personalized roaming between physical desktops, virtual desktops and hosted applications (Terminal Server/RDSH)
- Secure, policy-defined lockdown of the user environment
- Control of users’ admin rights, thru Windows privilege management
- High quality user experience: fast logon, consistent, stable, fully personalized
- A complete alternative to roaming profiles
- Granular control of application performance to deliver an optimized experience for all user types
- Increased user density per server of up to 60%
- Templates for key application support requirements such as dynamic printer mapping and network connections
- Rapid ROI of over 200%, with payback in less than 6 months.
Nutanix delivers an out of the box infrastructure solution for virtual desktops that eliminates cost unpredictability, variable performance and extensive risk of conventional VDI solutions. The Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform is a turnkey appliance that comes ready to run VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, or XenApp with full support for vSphere and Hyper-V. The Nutanix platform supports every type of VDI user, from task and knowledge workers to power and data scientists offering the following benefits:
- Simple, out-of-the-box deployment: Ready to deploy virtual desktops in under 30 minutes
- Linear scale out: Scale users and virtual desktops seamlessly and linearly with no performance degradation
- Better than PC performance: Nutanix include features like inline performance de-duplication to eliminate IO bottlenecks resulting in faster application responses and boot/login experience
- Lower costs: Lower infrastructure CAPEX than a PC and lower ongoing operating costs due to ease of use and small footprint
- Eliminate project risks: Start small and expand as warranted – always utilizing the latest advances in CPU, memory and flash
- Business continuity: Built-in native replication and disaster recovery features enable highly available desktops to be deployed in mission critical environments
- VMware and Citrix integration: Support for View Composer Array Integration (VCAI), Citrix PVS and MCS
- Graphics acceleration: Platforms powered with K1 and K2 cards from NVidia GRID and Teradici APEX power tough, graphics intensive desktops
Customers using AppSense on Nutanix in production today with both VMware Horizon and Citrix XenDesktop solutions are reporting greater stability, performance and simplicity.
At VMworld, AppSense will be presenting on the Nutanix booth and vice versa, highlighting the benefits of using the two solutions together.
When testing DesktopNow Environment Manager on Nutanix, Bill Scarborough, Senior Solutions Specialist at AppSense reported that all the usual benefits that AppSense brings to virtual desktops apply when Nutanix is accelerating and reducing cost in the storage layer. “In this environment, Nutanix reduced storage requirements and accelerated VM boot storms by 75% using Shadow Clones, and AppSense accelerated the logon process by 200%!”
We look forward to seeing our partnership with AppSense reaching new levels in 2014 and 2015.
For additional information go to: