PostgreSQL on Nutanix
This best practices guide highlights why Nutanix is the ideal platform for virtualized instances of PostgreSQL database systems. For business-critical transactional and analytical workloads, Nutanix delivers the performance, scalability, and availability that your IT staff (including basis and database administrators) requires.
We particularly focus on:
- An overview of delivering PostgreSQL on the Nutanix virtualized platform.
- Choosing the right hardware for your PostgreSQL deployment.
- Design and configuration considerations when architecting PostgreSQL on the Acropolis Distributed Storage Fabric (DSF).
- Specific, line-by-line optimizations for your postgres.conf file.
- Settings applicable to PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB, and EDB Postgres Advanced Server.