VMware Horizon on Nutanix
The VMware Horizon on Nutanix solution provides a single, high-density platform for desktop and application delivery. This modular, pod-based approach enables deployments to scale simply and efficiently with zero downtime. Nutanix offers a powerful, flexible, and reliable platform for the full spectrum of desktop virtualization requirements, with unrivaled uptime and the freedom to mix and match workloads to fit your enterprise needs and the objectives of your operators, whether they’re task workers or power users. The Nutanix Enterprise Cloud includes the Acropolis Distributed Storage Fabric (DSF), which offers a range of advantages for VMware Horizon deployments:
- An optimized data path that easily handles increased read I/O.
- Data avoidance technologies that you can implement on a fit-for-purpose basis.
- A single datastore, which dramatically reduces administrative overhead and update time.
- Storage efficiency techniques, such as deduplication, that can reduce the storage footprint of VMware Horizon deployments.
- Nutanix Shadow Clones, which cut network latency and improve user experience.