Nutanix on Cisco UCS® B-Series
Nutanix now runs on Cisco UCS® B-Series blade servers in addition to rack-mount C-Series servers. Combining UCS® B-Series blade servers with the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS gives you the flexibility to build a compute and storage infrastructure on hardware of your choice. With streamlined administration, you can manage a fleet of servers and easily perform tasks like upgrading hardware and firmware that otherwise can be cumbersome. When paired with B-Series servers, Cisco UCS® C-Series servers allow you to expand capacity.
These best practices walk you through key system design issues, from procurement to configuration and deployment. Download this guide for:
- Help selecting the appropriate Nutanix-supported Cisco UCS® hardware and hypervisor combination for your environment, based on configurations that Nutanix has validated and tested for functionality and performance.
- General best practices as well as sizing recommendations and networking guidance specific to different B-Series deployment modes, from blade-only clusters to mixed-hypervisor clusters with C-Series storage nodes.
- An introduction to critical components including Cisco Fabric Interconnects (FIs) and I/O modules (IOMs) called Fabric Extenders (FEX).
- A detailed description of UCS Domain mode’s policy-driven approach via Cisco UCS® Manager, which enables administrators to assign hardware profiles to physical servers from a central management interface.
- A practical look at system life cycle operations that require special handling in the UCS environment, such as network cabling, firmware upgrades, and node replacement, so your finished design can be error-free.
…and much more. Complete the short registration form to download this best practices guide now.