2016 has been a very busy year for the VDI solution team here at Nutanix. In addition to VDI focused events and programs, including the widely popular Nutanix, Citrix and Liquidware Labs VDI Assessment offer and the multi-city Nutanix and Citrix Shape Up roadshow, the team has collectively logged 100,000’s of miles travelling worldwide talking to customers and partners across the world about the value of Nutanix enterprise cloud platforms for delivering application and desktops to end-users.
However, this pales in comparison to the team’s excitement on being a Platinum sponsor at Citrix Synergy 2016 being held this week at the Venetian in Las Vegas (booth #605). Why you may ask is this the case? It’s simple – Synergy has always been the must-attend show for IT professionals interested in application and desktop virtualization. Since the first year we attended, we have talked to 1000’s of attendees on why organizations large and small have chosen Nutanix enterprise clouds with Citrix to power as many as hundreds of thousands of hosted virtual and shared desktops.
In the past few years, Nutanix has worked closely with the team at Citrix to produce a Citrix Validated Solution for Nutanix delivering a very dense 1,000 hosted virtual desktops in just 6U of rack space. In 2015, Nutanix and Citrix worked together to certify Nutanix AHV as Citrix Ready for XenDesktop, XenApp, NetScaler VPX, CWC, ShareFile and more giving our customers the ability to make virtualization invisible.
This year is no different. In addition to the Nutanix Xpress product launch also happening today, Nutanix is making two major announcements specifically around our solution for Citrix:
- Nutanix connector for Citrix MCS: This will enable IT to quickly and easily deploy desktops through Citrix Studio running on AHV with Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp 7.9. Citrix Studio’s user interface leverages native Nutanix VM-centric snapshots and cloning, using the Nutanix supplied DLL.
- Nutanix InstantON VDI for Citrix: InstantON VDI is a full stack solution bundle with a list price of $415/user for 300 users on up. The bundle comprises of Citrix XenDesktop VDI Edition, Nutanix enterprise cloud platform running the AHV hypervisor and the Nutanix connector for Citrix MCS and 3-years of support. Instant ON VDI enables the Global 200,000 to make their journey to VDI low-risk and easy.
Today’s announcement is a big step in our collaboration to drive down costs and complexity, while offering our customers more options for supported hypervisors for their app and desktop virtualization deployments. Together, we are giving our customers a complete, scalable and cost-effective solution for delivering virtual desktops and applications that is easy to deploy and manage.
Stop by the Nutanix booth #605 to experience the Nutanix and Citrix solution first hand with live demos, meetings with Nutanix experts including customized sizing exercises, and informative NEXT theater sessions including customer presentations, technology topics and partner solutions.
Members of the Nutanix services team who have been working closely with their solutions counterparts are also going to be on hand to talk about innovative Nutanix services such as VDI Assurance, which helps remove the risk of incorrect sizing.
If you are looking to hear more about the Citrix and Nutanix solution, then make sure you put the following popular sessions on your agenda.
- SYN513: How St. Luke’s Boise Medical Center transformed IT and patient experiences
Tuesday, May 24th, 11:30am-11:50am
- SYN104: Citrix and Nutanix: The Inside Scoop
Wednesday, May 25th, 11:15pm-12:00pm
- SYN123: Success Stories: Citrix VDI and application virtualization on Nutanix enterprise cloud
Thursday, May 26th, 8:30am-9:15am
- SYN219: Getting up and personal with MCS and PVS
Thursday, May 26th, 9:30am-10:15am
Make sure to follow @Nutanix and #NutanixatSynergy for real-time event updates throughout the week. You can also send us a note at Citrix@nutanix.com to setup a meeting with a Nutanix solution expert.
This blog was contributed by Preethy Padman, Kees Baggerman, Paul Updike, Andrew Mills, Amy Price, Raghu Nandan and Sachin Chheda.