By now, I’m sure you have heard about the Web-Scale Wish Datacenter Makeovercontest, where Nutanix will be giving away $500k worth of datacenter infrastructure to deserving non-profit organizations. There’s still time to nominate your favorite cause (or two), so if you haven’t yet, here’s your chance!
A panel of judges from the technology community will review the submissions and select the top three finalists, and the winner with be chosen by YOU during a final round of community voting!
It’s a pleasure to announce our Web-Scale Wish Community Judges:
- Stu Miniman – Principal Research Contributor, Wikibon. Stu is a host of SiliconANGLE.tv’s theCUBE and an active member of the networking, virtualization, and cloud communities. He holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University and an MBA from Bryant University.
- Douglas Brown – Founder and President of DABCC, Inc.. Doug has more than 17 years of experience in virtualization, cloud, and server based computing technologies. His current venture, DABCC.com, is a widely popular website dedicated to virtualization. He is certified as an MVP, CTP, and vExpert.
- Michael Webster – Sr. Solutions & Performance Engineer, Nutanix, Inc. Michael is a recognized industry speaker, author of the top virtualization blog, longwhiteclouds.com, and co-author of Virtualizing SQL Server on VMware: Doing IT Right. He is certified as a VCDX, vExpert, MCSE, and NPP.
- Julian Wood – Freelance IT Consultant. Julian is an enterprise infrastructure architect based out of London, England. He works mainly on virtualization and Windows Server projects, often in the clouds with plenty of storage, networking, desktop, and scripting in the mix.
- Steve Greenberg – Founder, Thin Client Computing. Steve is the founder of a leading virtualization consulting group, Thin Client Computing, based in Scottsdale, AZ. A pioneer and innovator in advanced virtualization and datacenter designs, he has been active in virtual computing since the early 90s.
For more details about the judges, visit webscalewish.com and click the Judges tab.
We’re very excited to have Stu, Doug, Michael, Julian, and Steve onboard as judges to review the amazing non-profit project submissions that we’ve been receiving, and determine the final three! Following our finalist announcement in early December, we will host the Web-Scale Wish online virtual event where you can hear from the judges and other industry experts, view the three finalist videos, and vote for the non-profit that you believe is most deserving of the grand prize datacenter makeover!