Nutanix is excited to announce we are a Gold sponsor at VMworld 2014 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Aug 24-28!
This year’s VMworld theme of “No Limits” couldn’t have provided a better stage for us to highlight how Nutanix is bringing the scalable and agile technologies and datacenter architectures used by companies such as Facebook, Google, Twitter and other leading players to mainstream enterprises across the globe. Web-scale converged infrastructure enables IT organizations of all sizes to run any virtualized workload at any scale.
As Best of VMworld winners in 2011, 2012, and 2013, we are returning in style, with hands-on demos of web-scale technology and a full slate of activities! And with a slew of Nutanix product, solution, and partnership announcements on tap, this year’s VMworld is already shaping up to be our best yet. We are also proud to have many of our customers join us at the show to discuss first-hand the benefits they have seen by making the transition to Nutanix technology.
One more thing…because being #webscale has its benefits, we’ll be giving away killer prizes including the giveaway that will have people talking for years! Follow @nutanix on Twitter for clues in the weeks leading up to VMworld. So swing by our booth and catch the web-scale wave!
Visit Our Booth and Schedule a 1:1 Session with Our Experts
Swing by the Nutanix booth, #1535, to learn how we can help IT meet the needs of today’s fast-paced business environment with an efficient, simplified, and agile datacenter infrastructure for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Schedule a 30-minute briefing with our technical and product specialist teams
- Join us for presentations in the Nutanix Next Theater. You’ll hear real-world examples from companies just like yours who’ve caught the web-scale wave. After every theater presentation, we’ll be raffling off Dell tablets, Beats headphones, Smart watches and more! A full schedule of theater presentations and times will be available in the booth
- View 1:1 demos of Desktop Virtualization, Enterprise Applications, Web-Scale Infrastructure, and Hybrid Cloud
- Enter our “How I Go Web-Scale” contest for a chance to win the giveaway that will have people talking for years (more to come soon)!
- Pre-register for our invitation-only Wanna Be Web-Scalin’ Somethin’ party and get your own Web-Scale VIP Kit to pick up at the booth (hint: it’s worth it!)
Attend One of Our Speaking Sessions
1. VAPP3031-SPO – Deploying Web-Scale Converged Infrastructure: A Customer Perspective
When Facebook, Google, Twitter and other leading cloud players designed their infrastructure, they threw away the playbook and adopted a web-scale design for their datacenter. In this session, a large Nutanix customer will discuss how they too were able to bring web-scale architecture into their datacenter for their enterprise workloads. They will also cover how they were able to leverage Nutanix to scale their environment and improve datacenter economics.
2. SDDC1600 – Art of IT Infrastructure Design: The Way of the VCDX – Panel
This session covers IT Infrastructure Design Methodology as practiced by VCDX certified architects for all certification technology tracks (SDDC, Desktop, Cloud, and Network Virtualization). Come listen to Nutanix Business Critical Applications expert Michael Webster and other accomplished architects as they discuss the what, how, and why of VCDX-quality IT infrastructure design. Examples are provided and the panel discusses their experience as panelists reviewing and validating hundreds of designs. Case studies are presented for designs with customers. One example demonstrates design success. The other example demonstrates design failure. The panel discusses and contrasts the approaches of both. Questions from the audience will be covered.
Mostafa Khalil – Technical Support Director, VMware
Michael Webster – Sr. Solutions and Performance Engineer VCDX-066, Nutanix
Chris Mccain – Director of Technical Certification, Networking & Security VCDX-079, vmware
Mark Gabryjelski – Virtualization Practice Manager, VCDX-023, Worldcom Exchange, Inc.
John Arrasjid – Principal Architect VCDX-001, VMware
3. INF1736 – Designing Next Generation Software-Defined Data Centers: A Panel with VMware Certified Design Experts
Successfully designing a next generation Software-Defined Data Center demands attention to details not present in “traditional” Data Center Virtualization. VMware Certified Design Experts including Nutanix’s own Josh Odgers will lead a panel discussion on the design and architecture required to successfully implement and operate a Next Generation SDDC. The panel will answer your questions on topics such as storage, networking, security, compute, consumption, orchestration, automation, and much more.
Matt Cowger – Global Architect, EMC
Scott Lowe – Engineering Architect, VMware
Jason Nash – CTO, Varrow
Josh Odgers – Sr. Solutions and Performance Engineer, Nutanix
Jon Kohler – Senior Data Center Engineer, MSN Communications
4. STP3266 – Web-Scale Converged Infrastructure for Enterprise
Virtualization in today’s datacenter has evolved beyond simple consolidation and high availability. The prospects of creating one’s own scalable private cloud environment has many organizations looking for the right IT server and storage infrastructure to use as the foundation. Join us on a technical discussion on the building a software defined datacenter using the ideal compute and storage infrastructure. We will explore the requirements for web-scale converged infrastructure to use as the foundation for your software defined datacenter environment.
See Nutanix at the VMworld 2014 Solution Exchange
Spend 30 minutes with Nutanix experts discussing how web-scale converged infrastructure is changing how the Enterprise views IT.
Some of the solutions we will be showcasing at the expo include:
- Designing for Enterprise Applications on Web-Scale Infrastructure
- Simple High Availability and Disaster Recovery with Nutanix
- Nutanix and Dell Partner to Provide Web-Scale infrastructure for the Enterprise
- VMware Horizon 6 with View on Nutanix
- Building a Private Cloud with Nutanix and VMware vCAC
Hear from Nutanix Customers
We love our customers! And they never shy away from the opportunity to tell others what web-scale IT means to them and their business. Come by the booth and set up time with Langs, County of San Mateo, Temkin, a Global 2000 retailer, and others who can discuss their experiences with Nutanix, hyperconvergence, and benefits of web-scale infrastructure for workloads such as VDI/EUC, business applications, and private cloud. We’ll be posting a separate blog on our full customer line-up shortly so stay tuned for more details!
Meet the Nutanix Experts
Nutanix is the home of the most VMware certified experts outside of VMware itself. Come strategize your next IT infrastructure initiative with our in-house Nutanix, VMware, Citrix, Oracle, Cisco, and Microsoft certified experts.
Some of the industry experts that will be available at various times in our booth include:
- Steven Poitras: Longtime Nutanix guru and writer of the Nutanix Bible. http://stevenpoitras.com, @StevenPoitras
- Michael Webster: Industry expert on “Monster VMs” and virtualizing Business Critical Applications such as Oracle, SQL, and JAVA EE. Recently published Virtualizing SQL Server with VMware . http://longwhiteclouds.com/, @vcdxnz001
- Dwayne Lessner: Knows all the dirt on our competition, and also our key author on deploying Horizon 6 on Nutanix. http://itbloodpressure.com/, @dlink7
- Andre Leibovici: EUC expert and co-author of VMware View Virtualization Solutions. http://myvirtualcloud.net/, @andreleibovici
- Josh Odgers: Microsoft Exchange and scalable VMware architecture design expert. CloudXC http://www.joshodgers.com/, @josh_odgers
- Magnus Andersson: VMware vCloud Director and vCAC architect. Dual VCDX. http://vcdx56.com/, @magander3
- Derek Seaman: Microsoft and VMware technology expert. Popular vBlogger http://www.derekseaman.com/, @vDerekS
- …and many more Nutanix Engineers and technical resources.
Party with Nutanix!
Our 80’s themed party was a huge hit last year. We decided to stay close to our theme with a party to honor the greatest pop legend the 80’s (or any other decade) had to offer! Learn how #webscale technology can be a thriller for Enterprise IT while breaking out your best moonwalk or grabbing a web-scale cocktail. PRE-REGISTER HERE.
Wanna Be Web-Scalin’ Somethin’
Monday, August 25, 2014 from 8:00 PM to 11:30 PM (PDT)
Mezzanine — 444 Jessie St, San Francisco, CA 94103
In addition to our own VMworld 2014 party, you will likely find some of us attempting to defend our vFlipCup 2013 championship. Nutanix will be co-sponsoring this years #vFlipCup 2014. Game on!
Nutanix @ vFlipCup 2014 VMworld Community Party
Monday, August 25, 2014, 7:00 PM
Folsom Street Foundry — 1425 Folson St., San Francisco, CA 94103
#WebScale Gone Social!
We at Nutanix are very excited to join the VMware Virtualization and Partner community at VMworld 2014 and we look forward to meeting with our customers and prospects. Look forward to seeing you there!