This course teaches you the skills needed to install, configure, and operate Nutanix Era for the purpose of managing databases. The installation and management of databases themselves is not part of this course.
In this course, you will explore a number of subjects including:
- The what, the how, the why, and the benefits of database-as-a-service (DBaaS)
- Important Nutanix Era terms and concepts, like copy data management, time machine, provisioning profiles and data access management
- Implementing role-based access control (RBAC), including working with built-in and custom roles, and managing users and groups
- Adding multiple clusters to Nutanix Era, working with Nutanix Guest Tools, and registering a Nutanix cluster with Era
- Monitoring and investigating issues with Nutanix Era, including alert policies, notifications, and log collection
- Operations involved in protecting and restoring databases, including creating snapshots, cloning databases, log catch-up operations, refreshing clones, and restoring source databases
- IT administrators who manage Nutanix clusters and want a deep dive into database administration using Nutanix Era
- Anyone pursuing the Nutanix Certified Professional - Database Automation (NCP-DB) certification
This advanced course requires you to possess a basic Nutanix system administration skill set which includes:
- familiarity with traditional virtualization storage architectures
- hands-on experience with the Prism and Command-line interfaces.
These skills can be acquired by attending one of our basic admin courses (Enterprise Cloud Administration), or through on-the-job experience by working on a Nutanix system for at least 6 months.
1: Introduction to Database Automation
- Understanding Database-as-a-Service
- Understanding Nutanix Era Terminology and Concepts
- The Nutanix Solution for Database-as-a-Service
2: Configuring and Operating Nutanix Era
- Understanding the Era Workflow
- Installing and Configuring Nutanix Era
- Nutanix Era High Availability
- Registering an Existing Database
- Creating Profiles
- Provisioning a New Database
- Patching a Database
3: Administering, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Nutanix Era
- Administering Nutanix Era
- Implementing Role-based Access Control and Managing Users
- Adding Nutanix Clusters to Era
- Upgrading Nutanix Era
- Monitoring Nutanix Era
- Understanding the Era Dashboard
- Using Tags for Database Inventory Management
- Working Alerts
- Investigating Issues with Nutanix Era
4: Protecting and Restoring Databases (Time Machine Operations)
- Era Time Machine
- Managing SLAs Schedules
- Prerequisites for Snapshot Creation, Replication, and Deletion
- Cloning Databases
- Database Log Management
- Refreshing Clones
- Restoring Source Databases
Terms and Conditions
- Customer must purchase training seats in advance of scheduling course dates.
- Customer may not cancel purchased training seats and all amounts paid are non-refundable.
- Customer may reschedule courses with no less than 15 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees may apply.
- Customer may substitute a student with no less than 5 business days written notice to Nutanix. Rescheduling fees do not apply to substitutions.
- Training seats must be consumed within 12 months of purchase. Failure to utilize the training seats within the 12 months of purchase shall result in forfeiture of all fees paid for such seats. Extensions may be available on a case by case basis.
- Most of our Authorized Training Partners (ATPs) have a 10-business-day cancellation and/or reschedule policy. If customer cancels or reschedules within those 10 business days, fees may apply up to the full price of the seat.
- Nutanix reserves the right to cancel any scheduled course due to minimum enrollment not being achieved, instructor illness, or other events outside of its control.
- Cancellation notices will be sent to enrolled students by email with rescheduling information and alternative training options.
Stay Connected with Nutanix University
Subscribe to our Education Blog to stay informed of the latest news and announcements from Nutanix University!