What’s on your infrastructure wishlist? Control? Elasticity? Simplicity? Lower costs? And have you found an infrastructure that can tick all the boxes?
According to today’s business demand, companies want cloud for:
- Fractional consumption and the ability to pay-as-you-go
- No operational overhead
- The agility of on-demand resources
- Delegated infrastructure security and risk management
But they also want:
- Balance between owning and renting
- Close proximity to data and services
- Flexibility and choice of platform
It makes sense why IT teams are gravitating towards enterprise cloud infrastructure which provides a cloud-like experience within their own datacenters. The Enterprise Cloud for Dummies eBook gives the 360 degree view of all things Enterprise Cloud, but here’s a quick rundown of a few key ways enterprise cloud checks the boxes on IT’s wishlist, and why it is being considered the future of IT:
- Economics: Enterprise cloud can provide the craveable “pay-as-you-go” model of the public cloud—but potentially at a much lower cost, while giving you a common foundation to run legacy apps alongside cloud-native applications. No ugly rip and replace required.
- A focus on the end-user: Your users are demanding new services, and you may not even know it. Until you discover why your users are deploying shadow IT systems, you may not understand their needs. An enterprise cloud can help you better focus your efforts on addressing the deficiencies seen by end‐users.
- Sharper business focus: Getting out of the cold room and taking a seat in the boardroom has become a major focus for evolving IT teams. But you can’t do it if you’re babysitting your infrastructure. Enterprise cloud essentially makes infrastructure invisible, giving you the chance to focus on revenue-generating activities.
- Best of public cloud: Fast deployment, baked-in economies of scale, uber management abilities — it’s all part and parcel with public cloud. Enterprise cloud brings those benefits within your own datacenter—with more control, easier compliance, and lower cost than public cloud.
- Best of private cloud: In terms of security and compliance, private cloud is still the resounding safe choice for IT. By deploying enterprise cloud, you can use both depending on application needs.
- Trend-enablement: Trends have come together to make enterprise cloud viable. You needed fast storage, which you get through flash. You’re looking to be more software-forward. Enterprise cloud moves all intelligence out of hardware into software to compliment a software-defined datacenter. These trends have coalesced to enable enterprise cloud deployments.
- Choice: Being forced into a single public cloud provider isn’t a necessary evil anymore. Now you can choose where different workloads should run without them getting trapped anywhere. And for on-prem, you have a choice of hypervisors, servers, and Intel or IBM Power.
Wondering what else enterprise cloud can do for you? The official Enterprise Cloud for Dummies guide will tell you what it is, how it’s used, and its benefits for today’s IT teams.
© 2017 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix and the Nutanix logo are registered trademarks of Nutanix, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s).
Disclaimer: This blog may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site. Our decision to link to an external site should not be considered an endorsement of any content on such site.