.NEXT Wrap-up: Tech Alliances Edition!
Last week, Nutanix hosted its third annual .NEXT Conference, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Washington D.C. With thousands of attendees, 60 sponsors and an unbelievable lineup of speakers, .NEXT was truly an incredible event for Nutanix, its partners, and customers.
The Nutanix alliances organization supports and executes on Nutanix’s vision to build a simple platform and operating system for the Enterprise Cloud by building the most effective technology partner program and ecosystem. Since its inception at the original .NEXT conference in 2015, the Nutanix Elevate program has now grown to over 100 alliance partners with almost 200 Nutanix Ready validated solutions.
Nutanix technology partners are at the heart of the Enterprise Cloud OS journey and several .NEXT announcements will have a great impact on our partner ecosystem:
- Nutanix Marketplace – ISV partners will be able to publish App Blueprints with Nutanix Calm that will be housed within the new Marketplace, enabling customers to offer one-click application provisioning to multiple groups within their organization. Customers will be able to automate the deployment and lifecycle operations of these applications on-prem or in the public cloud. Partners will also be able to gain a Marketplace badge through Nutanix Ready testing to gain new product visibility, revenue streams and marketing exposure. The first partners to create App Blueprints are Citrix, Comtrade, NVIDIA, Arista, Lenovo, Commvault, Aviatrix, SilverPeak, Plexxi, Cloudian, Bitdefender, eG Innovations, Mellanox, Parallels, Sureline, Veeam, and IBM.
- V3 APIs – Partners will be able to take advantage of a new set of richer APIs for management, security, networking and backup. This will allow our partners to further integrate into the Nutanix platform and offer enhanced visibility, data protection and security to joint customers.
- AHV growth – Adoption of the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) continues to grow among Nutanix customers and more partners, including those in the Nutanix data protection ecosystem, are supporting AHV to grow their customer reach and sales opportunities.
We also had several important partner announcements at .NEXT, including:
- Nutanix and Google Cloud announced a long-term, strategic partnership. As a result, joint customers will be able to deploy and manage both cloud-based and traditional enterprise applications as a unified public cloud service, while blending the Nutanix environment with Google Cloud Platform™ (GCP). Diane Greene also took the stage with Dheeraj Pandey to discuss the partnership and industry trends.
- Veeam Software announced it is adding support for AHV in the Veeam Availability Suite. Peter McKay joined Sudheesh Nair on the main keynote stage for a surprise reveal of this newly formed partnership.
- Comtrade Software is the first technology partner to custom build a product for Nutanix. This next generation data protection product is specifically built for hyperconverged environments and AHV. Customers can now take advantage of complete data protection with application awareness built into one product!
- NVIDIA GRID support for AHV will give customers the ability to run NVIDIA GRID software with Tesla M10 and M60 cards on Nutanix with AHV environments. AHV is the first KVM-based hypervisor to support vGPU.
On the first day of .NEXT, we also had a packed half-day Alliances Elevate Summit where we educated our partners on the Nutanix technical roadmap and new additions to the partner program.
We presented awards to eight of our Elevate partners, to recognize their achievements in partnering with Nutanix. From the launch of Comtrade’s HYCU being awarded the Best AHV Innovation, to Zerto’s creative case study with Lippert Components winning Customer Experience of the year, our partners have delivered some incredible work and we were delighted to applaud them for it. Here’s our full list of inaugural Elevate award winners for 2017:
- AHV Innovator – Comtrade Software
- Alliance Marketing Partner – Citrix
- API Innovation – Plexxi
- Content Champion – Commvault
- Customer Experience – Zerto
- Field Favorite – Intel
- Nutanix Ready – Mellanox Technologies
- Social Media Champion – Simon Taylor, Comtrade Software
Starting this month, we’re excited to keep up the momentum from .NEXT and hit the road with our Elevate partners for .NEXT on Tour and Citrix Synergy Unplugged roadshows. Please join us in your local city for more fun, disruptive technology and networking with your peers!
Later this year, you’ll have a chance to see more of our partners at .NEXT Europe. As with any .NEXT Conference, there will be many exciting announcements, developments, and co-built solutions for you to check out.
Nutanix is just getting started in building a robust, industry leading technology partner ecosystem that continues to innovate and drive continued value to your Nutanix environment. Stay tuned for what’s to come and join us in this journey of building the best Enterprise Cloud OS and Platform.
Forward Looking Statements
This blog includes forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements concerning our plans and expectations relating to product features and technology that are under development or in process and capabilities of such product features and technology, our plans to introduce product features in future releases, strategic partnerships that are in process, product performance, competitive position and potential market opportunities. These forward-looking statements are not historical facts, and instead are based on our current expectations, estimates, opinions and beliefs. The accuracy of such forward-looking statements depends upon future events, and involves risks, uncertainties and other factors beyond our control that may cause these statements to be inaccurate and cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied by such statements, including, among others: failure to develop, or unexpected difficulties or delays in developing, new product features or technology on a timely or cost-effective basis; delays in or lack of customer or market acceptance of our new product features or technology; failure to form, or delays in the formation of, new strategic partnerships and the possibility that we may not receive anticipated results from forming such strategic partnerships; the introduction, or acceleration of adoption of, competing solutions, including public cloud infrastructure; a shift in industry or competitive dynamics or customer demand; and other risks detailed in our Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2017, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this presentation and, except as required by law, we assume no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual results or subsequent events or circumstances.
Disclaimer: This blog may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site. Our decision to link to an external site should not be considered an endorsement of any content on such site.
© 2017 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix, the Enterprise Cloud Platform, the Nutanix logo and Nutanix Calm are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nutanix, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective holder(s).