Nutanix NEXT Podcast Series Update: IaaS, Certifications, Big Data, and More
How quickly times flies! We launched the Nutanix NEXT community podcast series in December, and our weekly following continues to increase thanks to you, the community! We have covered a broad range of topics from Education and Certification with Mark Brunstad to building an Infrastructure as a Service platform with Joep Piscaer.
In our latest episode, we speak with Eric Wright regarding the online community competition called Virtual Design Master. This was a unique episode for me because I am also one of the co-creators of the Virtual Design Master, and I was excited to share the story alongside Eric.
Some background on the Virtual Design Master Competition, it’s an online IT design competition. Think of “The Apprentice” meets a VCDX defense. Each season, there are twelve participants who are given a challenge each week to complete. They submit their designs to a panel of judges who evaluate them. Each participant has a minute or two to defend their plan in front of the group of judges, and share why they made certain decisions with respect to the design. The competitor with the weakest design does not move on in the competition.
Did I mention, this event is broadcast live weekly over Google+ Hangouts, just to add to the pressure? Look for Season 3 coming this summer.
Show notes for Episode 9 are available here with links to past designs and videos.
Past NEXT Podcast episodes are also full of great interviews and content. If you’ve missed one, take a listen!
- Stu Miniman and Server SAN: Episode 1
- Joep Piscaer IaaS and Nutanix: Episode 2
- Steven Poitras and The Nutanix Bible: Episode 3
- Jarian Gibson and End User Computing: Episode 4
- Community Roundtable, Holiday Edition: Episode 5
- Mark Brunstad Education and Certification Episode 6
- Jonathan Kohler, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Episode 7
- Brandon Shell, Big Data, Splunk and Automation with Powershell Episode 8
- Eric Wright, Virtual Design Master and Community Episode 9
Don’t forget, you can also subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud.We would love to hear from you, so please contact us at email@example.com to share your feedback and let us know if you’re interested in being a future community guest. Catch you on the next podcast